WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Jdesign

FuturisticConcept Art BMW E36 with a V8 on a bottom dollar budget

I loved my coupe when it was full Condor in the rear but like others said, the rtabs need to deflect as the arm moves. I never noticed any binding or odd issues but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening to some extent

I "THINK" I fixed the heat. 

I did a quick google search of BMW E36 with "weak interior heat" and found a video of a guy explaining that its a common issue. Turns out the fix was a new cabin filter.... DUH.

So I pulled the glove box and half the dash apart to find this:

IMG_9551.JPGIMG_9554.JPG

Yeah thats about 10 lbs of leaves, dirt, nuts, and whatever else debris made its way in there. 

I reminisced that when I got this car it didnt have the cowl cover and the guy had this car sitting under a tree for over a year with the windows open. I needed to get a vacuum in there and suck out as much as I could before I even was able to remove the old filter. It was wedged tight with material and it wouldnt even move. 

When I got it out, this is what it looked like:

IMG_9555.JPG

$15 across the street and Oriely had me back in business.

Image result for E36 cabin filter

I have yet to drive the car aroudn and see if it makes a difference. BUT I will say just turnung the blower motor on, there is a DRASTIC improvement of the force of the air coming out of the vents. I want to add a simple patch panel to the floor and improve the hacked up trans tunnel to keep the cold air out before I start driving this more often in the cold weather.

Also, does anyone know if 275/75R17's will fit an E36?

image.png

Tire fitment unlikely without saw/grinder action.  That is a big tire.

Good call to replace the cabin filter.  Probably 4 times the airflow now.  I did that and flushed coolant and my heat is now very hot in my e36.

5 hours ago, jc43089 said:

Tire fitment unlikely without saw/grinder action.  That is a big tire.

Good call to replace the cabin filter.  Probably 4 times the airflow now.  I did that and flushed coolant and my heat is now very hot in my e36.

No front fenders, the rear quarters are cut all to hell under the overfenders.

I would flush the collant, but I just did that this spring. I think it should be okay minus the giant holes in the floor.