WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

Saturday was spent waiting for a package that needed to be signed for. That package never came=/ It was late in the afternoon and I didn't feel like driving 45 minutes to the shop to do a half hour of work.

I did end up spraying my air tank in satin clear to keep the textured paint from rubbing off.

I also ended up removing all of these suckers from the OZ barrels:

IMG_20130511_141749_zps7fba34b4.jpg

Hopefully the package that I was waiting on comes today. I will be ordering most of the engine parts I need to start throwing it back together after I get the timing cover off.

I'm hoping that wednesday I can assemble and install the subframe so that I can take the car to get the bay welded up=) After that I can disassemble it again to do the wheel bearings. Yay

So, I swung by Earl today to check out his progress.  I snapped a quick pic, even though he asked me not to.  Gotta say it wasn't what I was expecting:

DSC_1236.jpg

Great Britain going way too hard.  It looks like it came out of Death Race

I'm hoping that wednesday I can assemble and install the subframe so that I can take the car to get the bay welded up=) After that I can disassemble it again to do the wheel bearings. Yay

Ill swing by if I get off in time!

Great Britain going way too hard.  It looks like it came out of Death Race

Ill swing by if I get off in time!

Do it=)

I'm placing an order on ECS tuning for everything that I can think of that I will need to put this whole thing back together. Surprisingly the total is only $365.

Well I finally have a somewhat exciting update=)

Tuesday I missed a package, but did end up getting my box from Germany.
IMG_20130514_143353_zpsb497fcc9.jpg

And the contents (plus another set of tail lights)
IMG_20130514_145008_zps54172b39.jpg

Yesterday I tackled installing the euro glovebox. Here is a comparison between the two gloveboxes.
IMAG1124_zpsfcb097fa.jpg

I removed the metal piece under my dash to find two brackets. One was welded to the dash frame, and the other was bolted to the radio surround. Getting at the bolts for the one on the radio surround sucked. After about 15 minutes of cussing I got it off.
IMAG1089_zpsd86d26ae.jpg
IMAG1125_zps42a52912.jpg

I then covered my wires under the dash and broke out the angle grinder to remove the mount from the dash frame.
IMAG1126_zps891329d9.jpg
IMAG1127_zps4cc34f53.jpg

That orange piece is another melted crayon that I found under the console. That brings the total to 3.

Then I quickly installed the new glovebox.
IMG_20130515_154047_zps123a6cfc.jpg

It needs a little tweaking, but I love it=) I also installed a new handbrake handle, but I didn't take a picture since it is nothing special.

I headed home after this to see if my package had arrived. Let the pictures do the talking.
IMG_20130515_164017_zps3db08095.jpg
IMAG1132_zps3a20e45b.jpg
IMG_20130515_164725_zps3c1789d4.jpg
IMAG1133_zps79fb1477.jpg

The 3.5" lip is wider than my phone is tall=) I am very excited to get these wheels assembled and fitted. I will be sand blasting my barrels today because a scotchbrite pad wasn't working as well as I thought it would.

Updates to come after Saturday.

Yes you can. Rotiform can custom make you lips for any wheel. idk.

I really hate slant lips, or the lips that'll take you from, example a 15" rim to a "16inch" rim by making the lips 1" or whatever amount taller.

But slant lips seriously look god awful in my opionion.

18-inch-bbs-rs-slant-lips.jpg

Rotiform makes shit product. If I wanted cracked lips I would have kept my old ones and ran them over a few times. Plus they charge way more than I paid. Each one of their lips costs at least twice as much as my lips.

Slant lips can look good on certain cars and face styles. I don't like huge slants, like the 16" to 18" ones for RS's, but a 1" slant can look classy. However, Mexican car was very sexy on his RS's (that's the e36 you posted). They didn't look lippy, but they complimented the car well.

I like stepped lips because they are more complicated than a blah flat lip. They add depth and I like how the light hits off of the stepped portion. It just makes the lip seem more aggressive.