WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

So to start on a bad note, I may have to destroy my new bushings to get them out. I drilled a hole in the end of one arm to release the air, and that didn't help at all. I'm really not sure how else to remove the bushings without damaging them=/

Good Note: I should have some boxes showing up today=D Not sure exactly which ones, but they're all great.

I got something done yesterday that I have been meaning to do.

Started by removing this:

IMAG1088_zps60e8198a.jpg

To access here (among other reasons):

IMAG1089_zpsd86d26ae.jpg

So that I could bundle these here securely:

IMAG1090_zpsb2fd4fd8.jpg

So that I would be left with this:

IMAG1091_zps48e73a74.jpg

Bye bye wires. Also snapped some pics of the bay ready for the seams to be welded:

IMAG1092_zps7263c83b.jpg
IMAG1093_zps20f91134.jpg
IMAG1094_zps14cfc5ae.jpg

Then I was peeling plastidip off of my front bumper. I will never plastidip a car again. The removal is so tedious=/

IMAG1095_zpsdb459901.jpg

Updates tomorrow with whichever boxes arrive=P

My boxes didn't end up showing up on Thursday. UPS needed me to sign for them, and I wasn't home. So of course I took off Friday just to be able to sign for them. They came 7 minutes after I would have been home from work=/ Oh well.

Anyways it was like Christmas thanks to Bag Riders=)
IMG_20130503_140822_zps74944d80.jpg

I asked them to draw on the boxes to see how creative they are. I had a good laugh
IMAG1100_zps5384a840.jpg
IMAG1101_zpse58cf3f9.jpg
IMAG1102_zps27afa717.jpg
IMAG1103_zps70d225fd.jpg

Contents of two of the boxes
IMAG1104_zpsf5260586.jpg
IMAG1105_zps92e30da9.jpg
IMAG1107_zps9778f38a.jpg

The third box was my UAS Airhouse 2's for the rear. I got the tank raw so that I could paint it myself. Here is while it was drying:
IMG_20130503_194952_zps74556ba2.jpg

I also picked up an AC-Schnitzer style CF lip on Saturday in need of repairs. Kerry and I are going to fix it and then it will be getting painted to match my rub strips.

Other than getting parts and painting the tank, I didn't get any work done on the car. I was at Kerrys Saturday and then realised that I didn't have anything I needed to get any work done on the car. Wednesday I will be getting the bags mounted to the trailing arms and hopefully fixing the bushing situation. I also need to figure out how I want my trunk setup to be. I want it clean and classy, but not boring.

Updates to come after Wednesday

I was very happy with how yesterday went.

I finally got to order my 3" and 3.5" lips. I am so excited for them to come.

After work I got to the shop and had just the right tool to get the pesky RTAB sleeves out.

IMAG1112_zps7a75227f.jpg

After a little wrestling I let out a sigh of relief as I stared at these.

IMAG1113_zps6541eacb.jpg

Now to reinstall them correctly this next time=D

I grabbed these front work

IMAG1114_zps34ccdb92.jpg

And what do you know, matching threads

IMAG1115_zpsf97069a4.jpg

And then I did this slick move

IMAG1116_zps88312ef6.jpg

Tada

IMAG1117_zpsd0d8d78e.jpg

I got them to screw on nice and flat=) Just need to put some loctite on the threads when I reinstall them. Now to make the top mounting coles on the frame rail.

I also grabbed the subframe and took it in the light to see the color. Reminds me of a bass boat when there is heavy light=P

IMAG1118_zps473824fc.jpg

From a distance it is just a metallic pewter color.

The next updates will be after Saturday=)

good to see this moving along Earl!!

Thank you sir=) I am actually thoroughly suprised that I haven't gotten any shit for going on air. I would stay static, but I figured that a fresh paint job and massaged fenders will be bacon in no time with the fitment I will be running. I want this car to stay nice and clean.

The trunk will be nice and simple. Just a few exposed hardlines and the tank will be seen. I will be picking up a watertrap, but it isn't as huge of a deal since I'm using an aluminum tank versus steel.

Good to hear you got an aluminum one! Did you go pancake style, or tube style?