WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

Here is something compact related. So this morning, I was thinking why BMW made the e46 compact so ugly. I then got the idea to photoshop prefacelift headlights in. I never saw anyone do it, but it looks a million times better. I would seriously have bought one if they were offered in the US.

Before:(:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Yesterday I planned to get a ton done....that didn't happen. I was going to burn all of the seam sealer out of the bay, but my propane torch wouldn't ignite. Do they not want to work in the cold? Also, I wire wheeled where each bracket was. i didnt find any rust there. I did find a blister behind the passenger side strut tower. I'll find out how bad that is once I get the seam sealer off. I wire wheeled the rust on my drivers side rocker (came from last winter. Salt past jack pads =no bueno). The bigger whole is a half inch, but I think ill cut it out and weld in a rocker from a donor car. Hopefully I can get cracking fast on the bay this upcoming weekend. I also brought my bumper home so that I can shave the exhaust cutout.

Edit: also at this time I will not be getting the AC Schnitzer Cup mirrors. The friend I was going to buy them off of has not gotten back to me in the two months of trying to contact him. I should of bought them right when he offered them.

Edited by Earl

Yeah, you gotta have the propane tank sort of heated, if it's gunna be ran in a cold area for some time, use a shitty little electric heater to heat the tank, but don't put it RIGHT ON the tank. close to it works.

I'll have to do that:) We have the shop heated, but it takes a long time.

I only use my phone for forums because its easier and I can post pictures effortlessly. It's called tapatalk!

I'm too cheap to buy the app;) I use my phone because I don't have internet at my apartment. The only times I use a computer are at work, and sometimes when I run out to my parents house. I'll add pictures from my parents house later:P Otherwise I need to make a blank text to myself, paste each Photobucket link into it, exit out each time to save it as a draft, then once I have every picture i need, I copy the entire chunk of link, and paste it here.

I finally got some work done. Friday I went to the shop and removed the battery tray. I then had a go with removing some of the seam sealer.

Here it is:

Posted Image

Here is where it was:

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see some seam sealer was removed there too. I only had an hour to spend at the shop so I didn't get much more done.

I then thought about how my Recaro Trophies would be great in the car, but they're not black=(

Posted Image

They're mint. Only one cigarette burn on the passenger side.

Posted Image

Back to the engine bay. I went back yesterday, and removed the rest of the sealer I could get with the drill and wire cup. I also got rid of the ABS.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Passenger side tower:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drivers side tower:

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/earlcharlesmeyeriii/IMAG0764_zps95df782a.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/earlcharlesmeyeriii/IMAG0765_zps7f21da3c.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/earlcharlesmeyeriii/IMAG0767_zps33012514.jpg

Full bay so far:

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/earlcharlesmeyeriii/IMAG0768_zps43962f02.jpg

Next weekend I should be able to get a majority of the rest of the seam sealer out. I really need to pick up the pace to get this all done by June.

Done by June? Must be a bigger project than im imagining

Shaving the bay, refreshing the motor, changing all rear bushings, full exhaust, changing the carpet, recovering the headliner, tucking the fusebox under the dash, full respray, shaving rear bumper, fitting new wheels, and some other suspension related work. I'm sure I'm missing some things. Lol But most of it has to get done on Saturdays only. If it was at my place I would get it done fast, but it is 45 minutes away:P