WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

I like the dark wheels silver too. The viking SS has a champagne color to it that I'm not sure if I like, or dislike. I think the stardust has a little flake to it. The would be cool if it isn't too flaky. What I really want is a powder to match BMW Silver Grey.

The color of these badboys:

Posted Image

Le CSL:cool:

Why you jealous of the steering rack? I want a Z3 one=P

What I actually want to find is a Merc 190e brake booster=) Either the steel dual chamber, or the aluminum single chamber.

Crazy thing is, the Z3 rack felt stock after driving for a while, and that was coming from the extremely lazy 4.1 turn lock to lock E30 rack.

These steering quickeners look like a pretty sweet addition

http://pitstopusa.com/i-5080741-howe-steering-quickener-1-5-1-ratio.html?gclid=CLXK26HyobUCFfBDMgodxQQAbA

I removed the lower dash on the driver side today, allowing me to work on the fusebox delete. I removed the brake booster with the help of Jake (StewCrew). I couldn't figure out how to get the clevis pin out. Then Jake got it out. I was trying to pull it out the wrong direction:P lol We also attempted to put some snows on my mk3, but it is too racecar to fit 14" bottle caps up front. Dat big brake setup hits the barrel. I then had to get home because my girlfriend got sick. More progress on Wednesday.

Edited by Earl

The line "the mk3 is just too racecar to fit 14"s" makes me laugh every time. Lookin forward to Wednesday!

I had to mention it;) I think I even cracked myself up.

Edit: I quick stopped in today and got the fusebox fully unbolted. Now to pull the wires and then relocate the beast under the dash

Edited by Earl

I might be building two sets of wheels for the car now. I can get a sweet deal on some OZ Breytons from the homeland=)

I'm either going to build them wider, or flip them. Here is a picture of them for those who do not know what they look like:

Posted Image

They're pretty rare, but I have seen them on a few e36's. I've always had a soft spot for them=P We will see what happens.