WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

They didn't stretch, as in they didn't wanna stretch, or the tires were too wide? If they didn't wanna stretch due to the sidewall being stiff, run the tires on really low air pressure for awhile, it'll soften the sidewalls up nicely

The tires run a size wide=\ some 195/40's would have been better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to take another stab at removing the motor and no dice. I tried removing the harness from the engine. There is a box(located on the intake manifold) that sends the wires to sensors all over the motor. I removed about half of the plugs to it, and couldn't reach the others. Decided to try and remove the harness from the car side. I then noticed that the harness goes down under the fusebox. I don't think there is a quick disconnect there...so now jm stuck and can't find any writeups for harness removal. I just need to get that done, unbolt the trans crossbrace, and then pull it out. Absolutely everything else is out. If anyone wants to help me pull it next Saturday I would be very happy. Since I am always there alone, it makes it too easy for me to get mad and rage quit. I need to get this all done.

On my E30 I disconnected the ECU and pushed the harness through the firewall. Disconnected the fuel lines, engine mounts, round connector by the fuse box, oil cooler, ground to the oil pan, coolant hoses, o2 sensor wire, and a handful of other small items. I didnt need to touch the intake manifold, anything under it. I cant speak for the time removing the engine since I was doing other things, but from the time the engine was seated on its mounts upon re-installation. It was less than an hour before everything was secured, connected, and ready to run.

It was very painless. Hope you get it figured out

Thank you bud:) I went to the shop today and got the harness off. I found out that it just went to the relays on the side of the box. I removed them and now the harness is off. I couldn't get the exhaust off of the header, so I removed the header from the head. Now I just need to take off the trans crossmember and lift the motor out.

Are you "deleting" anything while you are in there for the sake of engine bay cleanup? such as ABS, PS?

Everything to do with windshield washers(shaving the nozzles off of the hood) charcoal canister, and a/c. I may delete the abs since I hate it oh so much. I'm also adding the COP kit to rid of the ugly ignition coil. I also need new plug wires amd its cheaper to buy the COP kit, than to replace them. It's easy enough to do. Either that or black it all out. I am relocating the dme, fusebox, power steering container, and the harness running behind/over the motor. The firewall will be bare besides the brake booster/master cylinder.

No exciting updates yet. I'm trying to get a hold of a fellow Ti buddy who I was going to buy some AC Schnitzer mirrors from. Those will be bought as soon as he gets back to me=D I also finished modifying one of my headlights. Now to put it all back together and do a side by side. I didn't even clean the other light, so it will be a straight off of the car before, and a tidy new after.