WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

Spent all afternoon yesterday afternoon and then today up until now cleaning inside. It looks okay. Wish it was cleaner but it is a ton cleaner than before.

At the end of Yesterday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Where I picked back up today. Got a shampooer and got sick of doing the carpet. Here is step by step putting it all back in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/earlcharlesmeyeriii/IMAG0446.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/earlcharlesmeyeriii/IMAG0447.jpg

The hatch area carpet and sides are made out of that particle like material with a natty carpet and i cant get all the little snibbled out of it for the life of me. Id have to have a super sucking vaccum to get it all off. Hopefully I can put the rest of my time this next week polishing/sandin the Style 5 lips and reassembling the wheels.

Thanks. And I can't wait either. Lol I polished them three times already and noticed little lines making them look dull. Now I have to go back down to 220 to sand down sone machining lines and around the outer edge of the lip. Then go all the way back up to 2000 and then three different kinds of rouges:P shits annoying. Lol

• 1 month later...

Lots of sanding and polishoing and sanding has been going on with the wheels. I can't seem to get the finish I want. Always a little line I see that I take out. lol

But onto a question. My car needs paint. I have two colors I'm debating. It will either be Cosmos or Diamond. I like the idea of Diamond because I've never been a huge fan of black, but it won't match my jams and bay. Also because it only came on a very very small number of e36's. I was thinking Cosmos because it would match my jams and bay and would be metallic. It would also look really good in the light compared to plain gloss black.

So what do you guys think, Cosmos or Diamond?

P.S.- TJ, no smart ass comments=P lol

That's why cosmos would work better. It is pretty much just Schwarz II with metal flake and I believe a little pearl. They all revolve around black=) If I got Diamond Schwarz I would get paint mixed after the fact and spray the Jams myself. I like Diamond Schwarz more than Cosmos myself, but I don't believe it would blend into the jams well and thats the tradeoff. Bay color really doesn't matter to me because I won't have it open for anyone to see unless there is a different motor ever. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it isn't a 95 of he is asking that price. And she better be rust free. Lol the 95's for some reason are worth significantly less. Ti's aren't worth anywhere near as much as their sisters. And does it have fat trim and m style rear bumper? That'd be a sport model then.

Edit: FYI, mine had 148,000 miles and was rust free and I paid $2200

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...