WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lost a fog delete plate on the highway the other day=( very sad. But I can't fit my fogs for now either because I have no brackets. I put some vinyl on the fogs to see what it'd look like but idk if I like it or not. It's maybe too much amber=D

Posted Image

And a shot from exploring yesterday:

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

earl, what polishes did you use to get that mirror finish? looks superb. also, hows the Sharkhide holding up? (i just bought a set of style 5s to refinish)

also just looked at sharkhides website, any chance you have some left over from your project? they discontinued the aerosol can and all you can buy is the giant 1 qt can.

Edited by straight6pwr

I polished with buffing wheels and rouges. Then went with mothers. I used all of my sharkhide up due to messing up the coat a few times on my last wheel. Buy the quart, you'll have enough to do the wheels. I believe it is holding up fine. You just need to make sure that you don't get bubbles. They'll pop over time and leave an unprotected area.

Broke this morning. My passenger side strut failed this morning. I'm not sure exactly how. All I know from a quick glimpse is that my lower suspension looks just fine, but the spring looks bound and bent from being super compressed. Either the strut blew out magically or the shaft snapped. I'll have to get it home after work and take it apart to fully see the issue. Great way to start the Friday off=/ If anyone have stock e36 front strut assemblies laying around I would appreciate it very much if I could borrow them until I get a coilover to replace it.