WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

Minus having a hood on it. lol And it wasn't washed. I'll find a picture=D

First time I saw the car. The hood that was on it in the picture above is the original one. It flew up on the highway from the PO (my friend pictured) not closing it all the way. Hence why it had a brand new windshield too.

IMAG0040.jpg

He just bought the car a month or two before because it was on craigslist as a parts car. He put in the missing rear diff and changed the brakes. I believe that was about it.

I called in sick on Friday to go in and work on the car. I now need it to get warm out so I can paint these parts and reassemble it all.

I started off by slipping with a drill and hitting the trailing arms yet again. Somehow a tap followed.

IMAG0865_zps20a64189.jpg
IMAG0878_zpsad773961.jpg

One of them is dead nuts in the center, the other is slightly off=( I don't believe it'll be much of an issue.

I grabbed a new wire wheel and put it to good use.

IMAG0868_zps1fa802d4.jpg
IMAG0869_zps0cc3c0bb.jpg
IMAG0877_zps96835f58.jpg
IMAG0871_zps29805556.jpg
IMAG0872_zps059e1cad.jpg

Do you think the paint should hold pretty well with that little bit of rust dust left? I can never seem to get it with a wire wheel=/

I also decided to snap a few pictures of the rear brake lines. I am so glad that I decided to do the rear subframe now.

IMAG0873_zps7816c87b.jpg
IMAG0874_zps77e0dc12.jpg
IMAG0875_zps9d1b7980.jpg
IMAG0876_zps5c1b9efd.jpg

I'm hoping I can find a way to paint some of these items on Wednesday. I also have a few lists of parts that I need to order.

The wheels are in transit, and I will be ordering lips shortly. I also decided on a color for the centers=) I most likely won't make my June deadline, but I have not given up.

TTFN

I went out to the shop yesterday, only to leave after an hour so that I didn't freeze to the floor.

I did come home in time to receive a pleasant gift:

IMG_20130320_152933_zps8096beb0.jpg

Only two came. The other two are somehow in Ghana, Africa 0_o

IMAG0894_zpsd8f256e0.jpg

IMAG0895_zps9edb48cd.jpg

IMG_20130320_162004_zpsb5346264.jpg

Then I got to work and split them=)

IMG_20130320_202330_zps0291bf4e.jpg

Hopefully the other two show up within the next week or two.

I also was surprised to see the width of the lips. I initially read that they would be 1" lips. Upon measuring, I found out the lips are 1.5". This is excellent news. Now I'll be putting 3" lips up front; instead of 2.5", and 3.5" lips out back; instead of 3"=D

More updates Saturday.