WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

Bassboy3313

Just picked up my new daily driver yesterday and couldnt be happier with it. Drove 6 hours to Michigan to pick it up and drive back. Its a 2006 Saab 9-2x Aero also known as a SAABARU. It is identical to a 2.5L wrx wagon except the front and rear end are changed to Saab. It also has the STi steering rack which is very responsive!

42198960355.404694183.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A

42198960358.404694183.IM1.04.565x421_A.5

42198960356.404694183.IM1.02.565x421_A.5

42198960364.404694183.IM1.10.565x421_A.5

Maybe I should swap my front end with this front end so Its more of a sleeper look.. haha. Good daily's though! I know for a fact an lsx and a m50/zf will fit in the back at the same time! 

Was real interesting when I got pulled over with all that nonsense in the back. 

first thing cop says, "what the hell could you be doing with a v8 and a vacuum cleaner in your car?"  

Okay I lied maybe I don't want that haha. My used siebon CF hood was 100$ in great condition(only bought CF because cheap) and my headlights(both) were 100$ used , fender shipped to me was 65$ 

parts are  NOT NOT cheap new, but plenty of used stuff around. 

But don't hit anything. Really sucks to replace the core support. But you know this with your old bmw haha. 

awesome pickup! We must be on the same wavelength cuz I'm flying out to Maryland on the 21st to pick up a 2005 legacy GT limited (sadly not a wagon, though). I considered a couple of those SAABARUS in my search but couldn't find anything as clean as what I found in the legacy GT space

That should be a great pickup too! This one is super clean. Interior is near mint, no rust, just surface stuff underneath as usual. I'll be putting her on a lift before winter to clean up all under there and rustproofing it. It's got winter tires on it too, which should make for some awesome snow driving.

winter tires are a must. I've never had an AWD car for the snow before so I am definitely going to find some place to toss it around and see what happens. I was looking for an e46 with xdrive and a stick for a couple months now and really struggling to find anything decent. I decided it was better to just look for a 2.5T subaru instead given how reliable they are and everything else. The budget is similar to if I was looking at a clean e46, although the subapoo is a bit more expensive due to rarity of the legacy GT with a stick. all in all it just seems like a better way to go for winter/alternate. Fun enough that you don't hate your life when you aren't driving your BMW   :lol:

I paid $9k for it. Main reason I was OK with paying a little higher is that the 2006 is a little more rare. It has the 2.5L engine vs the 2.0L in the 2005. There's only roughly a little over 400 of the 2006s left in the country. And this one is all original. Only thing that was upgraded are the brakes. Drilled/slotted rotors, better pads and SS braided lines.

Looks like I will be doing the secondary air pump delete next week once I get the block off plates in the mail. CEL came on for the switch being stuck closed/open. I also dabbled in the tuning aspect for subarus. Pretty neat that you can do anything and everything with a OBD2 to usb "tactrix" cable and some free software on a laptop.

Looks like I will be doing the secondary air pump delete next week once I get the block off plates in the mail. CEL came on for the switch being stuck closed/open. I also dabbled in the tuning aspect for subarus. Pretty neat that you can do anything and everything with a OBD2 to usb "tactrix" cable and some free software on a laptop.

If you haven't bought a tactrix yet, I modified a 10$ ebay vag com cable and I can flash and log my wrx with great success. 

The amount of open source tuning available to subaru's, and how much the community is involved and helps, just blows my mind. Its phenomenal.