WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ECS buys Turner

YoungCR

Interesting news from yesterday, ECS squired Turner Motorsports. No worries Pat, they aren't gonna touch the racing team! Very curious to see how some product pricing might change.

http://www.ecstuning.com/TurnerAnnouncement/

Best comments from the R3V fb post

Guy named Greg: "Next week: Blunttech acquires Guten Parts after being acquired by Pelican"

Levant: "Greg now that it's all legal Steve and I would just marry."

Did my first order with ECS a couple months ago and wasn't pleased either, send me a coil pack for a merc labeled as my ignition wires and the TPS they had listed in their catalog for the E30 had a different plug :(

I haven't ordered through Turner yet but spoke with a rep last week. As of this year Turner and now ECS are the U.S. Distributors for Super Sprint exhausts. The rep told me they've cut down wait times in 1/2 for factory orders and plan stocking the product line.

I share the same concerns that a lot of you do... I hope there customer service doesn't go to shit.  I have been buying from them for years now and even if they have made a mistake they have gotten me taken care of.  They have also helped me in a pinch a few times with free next day shipping or discounted shipping prices.

Story time.

The week before my son was born my water pump died.  I shopped around for the part and found a package deal at TMS for the water pump, thermostat and hose for a very reasonable price.  I ordered the parts on the Thursday morning going into the memorial day weekend.  I called to see if they could ship it out right away from me to guarantee I would have it before the weekend.  The sales rep said with standard shipping I wouldn't have the package until the following Wednesday because of the holiday weekend and he said that he could change it to overnight or 2 day if I could pay the difference in shipping.  I told him that I couldn't really swing the extra shipping costs as the amount I was spending on the water pump/thermostat was already unexpected (over $500) and with my son due any day I just couldn't do it.  He asked me a few questions about my son and then told me he would go ahead and cover the difference for the 2 day shipping so I could have it by Saturday.  I thanked him profusely and he graciously accepted.  He then interrupted me and said, "Well what do you think about us throwing in a shirt for the little guy?"  I asked how much and he said, "Don't worry about it, it's our gift to you!  Congratulations!".  We picked out a TMS Future Race Car Driver shirt in the smallest size they had and decided he would just have to grow into it.  A couple days later my package showed up with the shirt.

This is why I buy from Turner Motorsports and I have more stories like it.  I have worked in retail for most of my life and in an auto repair retail setting for almost 10 years now and I couldn't begin to tell you how many seminars I have sat through about how to deliver good customer service.  These guys nail it every time.  It's not that they go above and beyond and give a "WOW!" factor with every purchase but they are consistently excellent.

They have been the same with me the past 2 years at the former American Lemans series and now Tudor series.  The guys go out of their way to make talk to you about your car and show you around and take pictures.  They always have some kind of poster to give away or license plate holder or something.  I have no issues supporting them.

ECS better not fuck this up.