WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Member Spotlight - Jan 2015

B C

Each month I will be harassing/interrogating some innocent soul within our community.

This month I had the opportunity to get to know nick.e46.330i a little better:

--

Snap: Hey Nick! How's it going?

nick.e46.330i: It's going good. How about you?

S: Doing well, thanks. Ready to play 20 questions?

N: Yep.

S: Cool, so what BMWs have you owned, and which was your favorite?

N: My first BMW was a 1990 325i 2dr, my second is my 2003 330i, and my third is my 1988 325i convertible. Out of all 3 of them, i'd have to say that my first one was my favorite because it was my first car and I could beat on it all day long and it took it like a champ.

S: Did you wreck your first car?

N: I spun it out once into a corn field. It only bent the valence in a bit. But I didn't wreck it, my brother did.

S: Do you prefer turbo, supercharger, nitrous, NA, or leafblowercharger?

N: I've only driven NA cars, but I think if I built an engine I would build it with a turbo.

S: Do you know Earl?

N: Yes I do. Haha.

S: On a personal level?

N: Yeah, I've known Earl since kindergarten, and on top of that, he is my cousin's cousin.

S: I was really expecting you to answer "NO" to those questions, even if you were lying about it.

S: Do you visit redline regularly?

N: Not regularly but I do enough, I try not to bounce off 7k in the E46 too often.

S: What do you think of newer BMWs (after E46)

N: When I first started to recognize the E9x's I was not a fan of them one bit. But now I like how they look. As for the others. I really haven't seen any other newer ones enough to make an opinion about them.

S:You haven't seen many other new ones? Does that mean you live in a small town?

N: Smaller, yeah. I live about 45 minutes North of Milwaukee.

S: Did you go to the Autumnal Gathering in Port Washington?

N: No I didn't. I had to help with an event that a group of friends and I put on the week after the gathering last year.

S: Are you going to buy that E46 M3 for $4000?

N: No, Haha, I have to finish my E46 and my E30 before I think about buying another car.

S: You're missing out on a great deal... No frame damage.

S: If you were walking down the street, say 44 minutes North of Milwaukee, and Jan from the Toyota commercials showed up in a new Corolla, would you accept a ride?

N: Probably not, haha. I don't really see myself driving anything but a BMW, VW or a stock Chevy truck.

S: Good call. I wouldn't trust her either. She seems overqualified for a receptionist position. Red flag in my book.

S: Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions. Unless you show up to a meet looking like you are on your way to a high school dance, you can consider this your 15 minutes of fame. Is there anything you'd like to say right now while you are famous?

N: Not that I can think of.

645b99f295a55cda123606dc9586e44f.jpgd929afcc45ceb47153b97eaa05aae19e.jpg

• 1 month later...