WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

THE OFFICIAL WIBIMMERS GEFRORENFAHRT! THREAD!(Formerly Snow Drift)

rampelsauce

Date selection  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What day should we host this event?

did anyone seriously lose a bunch of coolant on the lake or was that really someone else not part of our group?

a buddy of mine who does rally-x sent me a screenshot from another forum of a dude making a post about how awful WIBimmers are and blamed coolant leaks on sinissippi on another car, and how next year if we try to get on the lake again, he's going to park his car in front of the entrance if need be, to keep us out.

I kinda want to go talk shit because I'm totally that guy, and I kinda just want to tell him I can pay off the lake however much I want to get access if push came to shove and he can't stop me and I'll ram my $300, 1997 Chevy contractor van that I use for hauling shit to my properties into whatever pile of crap he parks in front of the lake access.

I like your enthusiasm!

Why not ask us kindly if we leaked? We all drove our cars there and left with them so we obviously couldn't have had a failure like that.

We were nothing but courteous to the man who runs the races. We also weren't very wreckless on the track. If his e30 was leaking that much coolant, he would have left a hole where he was parked on the ice for well over an hour. He also would have melted the corners where he was constantly stuck. 

I really hate people who spread vicious rumors that clearly have no clue what was going on that day. 

I also joined that forum to plea our case so that we don't get a bad name because of this misinformation. 

I am only going to state facts.

We are not the traditional wreckless ungrateful group that people usually see. We are all very responsible adults. We also drove to and from the meet with our cars and none of them were clapped out hoopties. We all noticed the coolant on the start of that corner and checked our cars to make sure it was none of us. It was on the outside of the track and not many people were driving in that area. There were only a few of our cars on the track at the time. The only other two vehicles were the black impala and the rad monte carlo. Since none of us found issues with our cars it had to have been one of those two. No coolant was expelled anywhere else on the track or during the rest of the day which would also prove out none of our own cars leaked. It could not have been the early model e30 because he had arrived later than when the incident happened. We were very respectable of the track and the kind man running it. He was nice enough to let us know where we could drive and we talked with him throughout the day and did not hear any complaints besides the coolant in the beginning of that turn. This seems to fall on us just because we were the majority of people out there and we were responsible for the day=/ I just don't want to see our name tarnished. 

I think the OP is mostly rustled because he is all about competition driving/ice racing with stopwatches and serious faces while our group was out learning and enjoying a little car control clinic at a safe venue (as opposed to public streets) and viewed our event as if it was a bunch of kitted out 240sx with drift charms, shitloads of e-cigs, dubstep, and asshattery

Understandably, he doesn't want that venue ruined and neither does anybody else.

Whoever the coolantpisser was shouldn't be allowed on track until they repair their car and should take some sort of ownership over what happened.

It isnt fair to associate a group with what 1 person does, especially when theres no proof that said member was even responsible for coolantpissing. 

So with similar logic: 
IF ANYONE SEES SOMEONE DRIVING AN IMPALA ANYWHERE ANYTIME FOR ANY REASON, DONT LET THEM DO STUFF BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD AND THEY SHOULD FEEL BAD. 

A few of our members are active in the Fox Valley Sports Car Club.  I'm sure things will be straightened out from there.  Also, thanks to anyone who is protesting this flammers post.  It's BS that people who aren't fully informed feel qualified to rant about happenings.  We will be shopping for a new venue next year regardless. 

He isn't part of Sinissipi though. He is from Illinois. The other thing is there was only one spot of coolant, early in the day. It wasn't a full engine full and was shovelled off shortly after it happened. It still made it down to the ice but the man running the track didn't say anything other than to watch out for it.

I like Lone Pine too much to have to change venues=(

The guy 'Hillie' had a link to some website in his profile.  When I wenter there, there was a contact

http://www.cwscc.com/contact.php

It may be wise for Rampleman or Earl to contact via there since the forum thing is going no-where.

I agree getting a bad name on any venue is a bad thing.  Even though this just seems like some non-member butthurt, this should be a reminder to everyone who considers themselves a wibimmer member to not be a douchebag.