WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

THE OFFICIAL WIBIMMERS GEFRORENFAHRT! THREAD!(Formerly Snow Drift)

rampelsauce

Date selection  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What day should we host this event?

10544416_887435024611165_593718851826800

So, as some of you know, I organized a big fun slidey time out on lake Sinissippi with our pals over at Sinissippi Ice Racing.  Its a big oval with other ovals in it.  Highlights include Chad losing a tire off a rim on his dually, people being sideways, and bacon discs.

This year should prove to be just as epic.  We are collecting $10 a head to donate to Sinissippi Ice Racing so they'll have us back year after year, and tow us out of snowbanks. 

The date is: Saturday, February 7th!

The location is: Karen's Lone Pine Tap

N4571 County E

Hustisford, WI  53034

post-2584-0-03284000-1421439493_thumb.pn

I'm not going to change up the formula for this year.  Who ever wants to come can come, and it's basically a free for all.  We had some issues last year, and if you are driving too close and recklessly you'll be asked to leave.  We are renting the oval from Sinissippi Ice Racing and driving beyond your abilities will not be tolerated.  We don't need anyones nice vehicles getting damaged by your shit beater. 

This is a great experience for people who have never driven on ice and you learn a lot about low traction driving situations.  We typically spend about 5-6 hours on the ice.  It starts around 9 am, and I always recommend getting there right away to maximize your time on the ice.  The event is always on a Saturday, because they race on Sunday.  Quitting time is always around 3-3:30 in the afternoon so they can groom for the next day.  Afterward, we grab a beer at Karen's Lone Pine Tap which overlooks the lake.  It's a good time, and I hope to see you all out there this year!

I would love to come but I don't get off of school till the 17th of December then I have to drive up from SC. Do you think the event will be in the later part of December or maybe early January? I didn't get to go last year so I'm really looking forward to it. 

When's the latest you'll be around?  Ice thickness also comes into play when scheduling this event.  So if it all works out, we should be able to make it in January instead of early February.