WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The official WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR BMW thread.

Ryan...

looks so good! Im hoping you replaced all the parkbrake stuff while you were in there. 

Some butt nugget before me tore absolutely all of it out so I have nothing. I am trying to think of a way to link my handbrake up to a cylinder to have a hydraulic parking brake. 

Some butt nugget before me tore absolutely all of it out so I have nothing. I am trying to think of a way to link my handbrake up to a cylinder to have a hydraulic parking brake. 

It wouldn't be too difficult to put a hydraulic parking brake in.  Wilwood makes a hydraulic hand brake kit that splices into your rear line so the brakes work normally until you pull the handbrake and it locks on the disc.

I haven't had a parking brake since I bought my car and have only put it in gear without issue.  Fixing my parking brake is on my to-do list somewhere...

I always put the car in gear and never had an issue with it moving. That's not goo on the trans though. We all have to remember though, I can air out and use my frame rails as my brake=)

I vote this!

Johns hand will bleed off

Tell that boy to log pressure vs. time, then come back and tell me what a bish I am.

...bish

jk, but with all the bolts and knobs earl has polished, would he really want to risk losing his car while parked on the streets of san francisco? Especially if its on a hill that requires holding the foot brake while applying a heavy dose of hand brake.

looks so good! Im hoping you replaced all the parkbrake stuff while you were in there. 

Get a pass through setup. Do what we did to my car. But instead of getting a handle with it. Just set it up with your stock ebrake lever.

Johns hand will bleed off

Tell that boy to log pressure vs. time, then come back and tell me what a bish I am.

I have had my car sitting for a long time, and most of you know that i have. during that time i havnt lost any preassure from my hand brake. ive had my car parked on an incline for around 3 to 4 months and when i pull the car out of gear to start the motor, the car didnt move. i dont have any calculations of pressure vs time but i think its safe to say that the car will not roll away during the night or when youre at the store etc.