WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The official WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR BMW thread.

Ryan...

I painted my front bumper cover, repaired PO's wiring up front (I am finding crap connections all over the car and am repairing them one at a time).

20140215_155304_zpsf6f68623.jpg

I also put my new sticker on :)

1229131240_zpsa44a7256.jpg

I have a good used fuse box to replace this

20140215_153622_zps021a72d0.jpg

This kind of scares me. I am told it is not all that bad....we shall see.... 

I cleaned up my valve cover (it used to be blue  :confused: ) and replaced some vacuum lines. I was going to adjust my valves again but they all check out good :cool: . I adjusted my TPS again...it has been giving me problems (3x adjusting). I just got my hands on a replacement but have yet to install it. 

20140119_143852_zps42650e99.jpg

On the E46 I have a bunch of parts that I'm waiting for a weekend day to break 35 degrees in order to instal. So far I have, AKG 95A poly FCABS,

AKG 95A poly RTABS,    AKG 75D poly steering coupler,    UUC blue isolated transmission mounts,  replacement control arms,   my custom Coby Wheel alcantarra steering wheel,  and a 1x1 weave CSL rear diffuser. 

The E36 is getting a whole bunch of AKG 75D poly bushings, the 75D steering coupler, an all aluminum radiator, and Dunlop ZII tires, and possibly reworking the exhaust once again because it is unholy loud still.

This winter just need to friggen end so I can get to work

• 2 weeks later...

Is that how most of you guys do it? Just buy parts all winter and then work on your car come spring? Man it sucks not having a heated shop. I just end up working at the machine shop on my cars... but there is only so much you can do.

Planned on doing some work on my e36 this winter, just haven't had much free time. The cold doesn't help much either! Got some goodies for my touring, just waiting to pull it out of my storage once it's nice out. That ones getting a bit of a facelift...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...