WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Freeway MPG

Narcosis

My first full tank netted me an overall average of 26.6 mpg. That's with the first 80 miles consisting of a short city drive to the hwy, 13 miles total to/from work.

My hwy trip had two passengers and a fully loaded car (set of 17" wheels/snow tires, passenger luggage etc..). So, I'm hoping/guessing that 28-30 is achievable with just me and the open road.

34-36 is what I got in the 528e from what I can remember. The E36 318is was pretty similar too. In town average I could get 26 if I was good.

19.1 is my best in the suburban, 17.8 is average.

WHAT??? How? The best i can pull outta the 528e is 27mpg the e46 gets 32mpg hwy and my van gets 22.5 average and the cherokee (when it ran properly before my sister fucked the 4.0) got 20mpg with a 4" lift!

When I got the e39 the gauge read 31.4 MPG. I have no idea how the previous owner got that good of mpgs. The best I ever got was 27.8 Mpg before the 02 went out. Now o average about 20.6 MPG mainly city running 93 or with 91 no ethanol. I do have an 18.5 gallon gas tank so the mpg doesnt matter to much with that size tank

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

I would venture to say that the e34 (525i, non vanos m50) gets around 27 mpg average and about 23-25 mpg in town. The compact (318ti, m42) was getting about 34-36 mpg average with it being around 30 mpg in town. I was running 93 octane minimum in the compact due to the Midnight Tuning chip and I run mid-grade in the e34. I almost always only fill up at Shell since it seems to run the best and get the best mileage=)

• 2 weeks later...

My compact used to get around 2mpg better with premium vs mid grade before I did the 93 octane chip=)

The e28 should be cornfed or on premium all the time once the ms pnp goes i for all dat boost!

black '98 318 gets 24-26 once on a trip it got 37.8 but i was sleeping in the back. the green 92 325 gets around 17. the red 93 always got around 28 the grey e23 was getting about 22 the green v12 got a little better than 18 and the grease-burner swaped chevy got 22 to 24. the 2 Audi's got about 1 balljoint per 600 miles :P

Whats the hellahooptie get? or is it gallons and tires to the mile :cool: