WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New member from Madison

Guest SwissCheeseHead

Guest SwissCheeseHead

Hey guys.  I'm new to this forum but have been a relatively active member on bimmerforums.com for over a year now.  I have an e34 and an e91 (my wife's).  It was the e34 that I bought as a DD that got me into bimmers and I've been hooked since.  I'll post up some (more recent) pics if I can get some decent ones.  With the ice.snow storm coming, they might be delayed haha. 

Guest SwissCheeseHead

My e34 the first day I drove it home from the dealer summer of 2012 (my G in the back haha):

487020_10101859373188107_1153177825_n.jp

321441_10101859373228027_239397963_n.jpg

321410_10101859373252977_2124780600_n.jp

66398_10101859373297887_1791668458_n.jpg

269290_10101859373327827_1767112495_n.jp

This is after a front end refresh.  Lowered with Vogtland springs and Koni shocks/struts.  The suspension settled a bit more after taking these pics so it's about .5 inch lower than what you see here.

521632_10102052750353717_1712090830_n.jp

10201_10102052750333757_1951057736_n.jpg

i've got a set of style 32 wheels needing a refinish (strip and powdercoat) that will most like happen this winter.  I've just been making sure all the maintenance is up on it and that everything is running smoothly.  So far so good.  It only had 97K miles on it when I brought it home and now only has 103K miles on it.  There's rust on the doors (e34s are notorious for that) and some on the underside of the fenders and underneath the front of the hood but none of it is visible on the outside yet.  I also did an HID retrofit that was a HUGE upgrade from the stock ellipsoid headlights.  The housings aren't pretty but they work perfectly.  Other than the springs and shocks, it's all stock.

I don't have any pics of my wife's e91 but it's completely stock so nothing special there.  It's got the sport, cold and premium package.

I also don't have any more recent pics but it still looks the same haha.

Guest SwissCheeseHead

No plans yet as the tranny is still pretty smooth.  I did a trans fluid drain/fill when I first go the car at 97K miles and the fluid itself looked ok.  I'm hoping the trans will last until the car dies...

Also, at some point, the cancer (rust) will eventually eat up the doors, hood and fenders, so I have to decide how much money I want to put into the car.  I guess as long as it's still running strong and has lots of life in it, I'll put the money into the body.  I do love the looks of it.

Guest SwissCheeseHead

Welcome! Style 32's are going to look great on that e34.

Thanks.  I can't wait.

While we're on the topic, does anyone know of any good powdercoaters in the area that can media blast as well?  I've seen All-Color powdercoating in the Janesville area but that's a good price.  There's also a guy in Columbus but he's a little more expensive.

Thanks.  I can't wait.

While we're on the topic, does anyone know of any good powdercoaters in the area that can media blast as well?  I've seen All-Color powdercoating in the Janesville area but that's a good price.  There's also a guy in Columbus but he's a little more expensive.

Apex coating in middleton, his business is relatively new (couple years old) but I have seen photos of his work it all looks excellent.

What's the story on that G?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SwissCheeseHead

Apex coating in middleton, his business is relatively new (couple years old) but I have seen photos of his work it all looks excellent.

What's the story on that G?

Funny you mention apex coating.  I just recieve a quote on the wheels and it seems like he wants $152+ for each wheel, which is way to much for me.  

The G was my DD, until I got the e34.  I didn't want to take the G out in the winter and now it's turned into my secondary "fun" car.  It's lightly modded with suspension, intake, exhaust etc.  Maybe when I'm older and richer, I'll turbo or supercharge it, but for now, it is plenty fun the way it is. :)

Guest SwissCheeseHead

Thanks guys.  I need to get more into this "madness" everyone is talking about lol.  The only thing I've seen here is rage-drifiting.  Never heard of it until I started perusing this forum.

Guest Laishes

Thanks guys.  I need to get more into this "madness" everyone is talking about lol.  The only thing I've seen here is rage-drifiting.  Never heard of it until I started perusing this forum.

You don't get into the madness. The madness gets into you.

But in all seriousness everyone here is... Strange.... Especially Snap.... Especially Snap....

I'm in madison aswell.

Whereabouts are you located? I'm right off of verona road.