WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ClassE 1989 325IS Build Thread

ClassE

Sometimes the easiest things just turn into hellish nightmares. Took the 4 bolts out that hold the fuel rail in place - pulled out fuel rail to swap injectors - and reinstalled... Went to put the exact same 4 bolts back in and every. damn. one. feels like they were cross threading going in. Didn't wanna start, then when they finally did, had just a pinch of tension on them, now they don't wanna snug down, just feels like they're spinning under tension about 1/16" off being fully seated.

Every hole lined up perfectly - I could see right down into the bolt holes.... But I'll be damned if they wanted to start and thread nicely.

Fuel rail is in place, everything looks fine.... Just can't seem to get that final 1/16" of bolt in to firmly seat the rail. Absolutely infuriating that something that simple could be such a PITA. I could see 1 bolt not wanted to go in - but EVERY SINGLE FRIGGEN ONE?!? I triple checked to make sure I didn't mix up hardware (could've have - bench top was freshly cleaned before I started).

Just one of those "Why does this crap always have to be an issue" kinda deals.

Can't express how thankful I am to Ben and Brian for the help today and the past week. MS is installed and running excellent for the short period of time we had the car running and working today. Holding off on more tuning until I get a slight break-up at 2.4k RPM sorted (think we've got it sorted, just needs some tweaking).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...