WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ClassE 1989 325IS Build Thread

ClassE

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Snap said:

Instead of grinding the manifold mount on the valve cover, could you make a bracket mounting plate for something that goes there and looks clean?

If a mount is needed there I could, but there really won't be anything there to mount...  Also - I plan to shave the breather hose and relocate with an AN fitting to clean up the hose routing.

So if I'm gonna go through the trouble - I might as well shave the unnecessary stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Updates m8

Not coming  together nearly as quickly as I'd like.  😒

Lots of parts ordered and arriving (still waiting on stack filters and some fuel fittings though).  Ordered and have installed most of the new pedal bushings since all the originals were literally falling apart - again though... Waiting on 1 last fitting to get that done.

The last 2 weeks have been busy with family stuff and starting my new position - so really need to crank out some god work nights this weekend and early next week if I'm going to make the picnic.

21 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

hope you do, all the other projects are dropping like flies for the picnic

It's looking like I'll make it unless I run into unforeseen issues.  All my parts are here or will be here by Mon/Tues... Big question will be the tuning.  Can I get it started and running well enough to drive to MKE in a very short period of time.