WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ClassE 1989 325IS Build Thread

ClassE

It was - until I found a "meh" condition inner tie rod. So ordered new tie rod assemblies for both sides as a "better now then later" but they won't arrive until Wednesday. So I'll install Wednesday night.

We're heading to the Dells Friday-through-Sunday to hang with my family, so planning to pack Thursday night or I'd try to get it aligned then. So will be driving it around next week, hopefully getting aligned Monday or Tuesday night!

It was - until I found a "meh" condition inner tie rod. So ordered new tie rod assemblies for both sides as a "better now then later" but they won't arrive until Wednesday. So I'll install Wednesday night.

We're heading to the Dells Friday-through-Sunday to hang with my family, so planning to pack Thursday night or I'd try to get it aligned then. So will be driving it around next week, hopefully getting aligned Monday or Tuesday night!

Let me know when you're cruising around. I might be up to stretch the legs on the bimmer.

I think chrome kidneys would set the car off real nice. The polished window trim really compliments the wheels.

This car is sick but the one ounce of a purist in me agrees with the chrome kidneys. Get a brand new one from the dealer, so worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well - didn't get much "work" done but did take the car for a quick spin through the neighborhood!

Car felt great, suspension was tight/firm but comfy... Can't wait to stretch it out! Only got to 25-35mph, but tracked straight - steering was tight - overall a perfect test drive.

C93C26CE-7C55-46BC-990B-2EF367DC917C.jpg

4070D0F1-D2FA-4881-86D0-CE804FE8C7A0.jpg

I have mixed feelings on the chrome kidneys.... May need some photoshoping.

Where do you live John? I'm always in for some drive time - especially once this thing is up and running next week!

I'm in Whitefish Bay (minutes north of the Murda Mil).  Meet half way somewhere where there are some twisties and good pic spots?  Are you in Oshkosh?

Side note: For a old - slightly "holey" exhaust.... It sounds friggen AWESOME. Damn it felt good to drive it around!

My e36 muffler must have the inside blown out of it because it actually sounds awesome as well, nice low rumble idling, loud when on the throttle, and you can hear a little burbling/popping on downshift.  I only want to do something different because it is so rusty/junky looking hanging under there.