WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Post your winter beaters/winter bimmers

M318

NOOOO!!!!  Why??

Because my only other option is my 66 Charger. Intended to buy a E34 for my DD, but, my wife wanted another convertible so I bought the E30. Sometimes I wonder whether I should sell it given that there are only about 4 months out of the year when I can drive it with the top down, and about half of that time it spends raining. Love the way it drives in the winter, though. The best RWD car I've driven in snow bar none!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm familiar with the hypermiling driving style... it sucks lol.  I used to drive 300 miles a day in my 94 corolla and became familiar with the rpm/mph/mpg game.  I wasn't fanatical about it but when you spend that much time in a car and your broke it makes sense to figure out the most cost effective combination of route and driving style.

I'm familiar with the hypermiling driving style... it sucks lol.  I used to drive 300 miles a day in my 94 corolla and became familiar with the rpm/mph/mpg game.  I wasn't fanatical about it but when you spend that much time in a car and your broke it makes sense to figure out the most cost effective combination of route and driving style.

Yeah it does suck. You have to really commit your midset to let everything, I mean EVERYTHING pass you up. Dumptrucks, buicks, everything, to the point it feels like you are sitting still lol. I am not really doing it for the money but it does lighten the blow on my pockets (more $$ for E30 parts :cool: ) My shopmate has been doing it longer than me, so having someone you know do it too, really helps you relate.

What mileage have you accomplished in your past cars? What were your past hypermiling cars? 

I had an old ef civic sedan that I managed to get around 48MPGs out of. that had the mirrors, wipers, antenna, and mudflaps removed. I also installed a grill block, HAI(hot air intake), blocked off the rear wheels, and boattailed the rear window..I wish I had pics but I have no idea where to look.

The next car I bought I just bought to flip, because it needed some minor work. It just so happens to be the same car my shopmate daily's. An original honda insight. I was getting about 60MPGS average in this. 

1012603_551262190066_2471833914023866964

No matter how hard I drive my motorcycle. I have never gotten worse than 55mpg. Whether I do 65 or 80 on the Interstate. So hypermiling is no concern. Just get a bike.

Its a cool concept. focusing on making a car more fuel efficient. But for hondas. it just sounds like another excuse to "shave" and "delete" stuff for that that "jdm" look.