WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Post your winter beaters/winter bimmers

M318

April 2010, a tornado "Slammed" my eta

0411110805.jpg

This pic is after we cut all the crap off of it.

0411111037e.jpg

I bought this as a replacement. Nice car but it was too small for me.

1003111516.jpg

My eta still ran and drove good so I decided to repair the rear window.

1121111355_zps7e9c3c3a.jpg

It does not look too bad if you ask me. In the daylight if I don't point it out many people don't even notice. Note: the plastic protection barrier is still on. I don't have a pic with it peeled off but it does look good. It cost me $30 to fix and some time.

This is my winter beater.....I may part it out in spring....depends on how well it survives the salt beating.

1121111505a_zps5651720f.jpg

This is what I hope to store this winter if the beater keeps running.

DSC01129_zps4c68d2b3.jpg

Thanks for looking  :)

hooray for another Camry driver.  Suffer in agony with me.

1993_toyota_camry_4_dr_dx_sedan-pic-5134

Quite possibly one of the most reliable cars ever made.
Quite possibly the worst car for an enthusiast to drive.

Somebody please hit me this winter. I yearn for something more enjoyable, because waiting for this car to break and stop running on its own is going to take far far too long. 

also, if that is not a v6 camry, then I will have to question the sanity of the sick soul that fitted it with urban racing attire.

the 2.2 is a lazy motor that pulls hard from idle to about 932rpm then runs out of breath anywhere after. 

What does the Camry need? They are good cars and I actually like them. 

I would love to know, as I have no idea but When shifting the car from Park to Drive or park to reverse there is a clunk/chunk when it switches not in the shifter but under the hood. but it goes into those gears so transfer case? bad trans? shift sensor?

who knows. 

hooray for another Camry driver.  Suffer in agony with me.

1993_toyota_camry_4_dr_dx_sedan-pic-5134

Quite possibly one of the most reliable cars ever made.

Quite possibly the worst car for an enthusiast to drive.

Somebody please hit me this winter. I yearn for something more enjoyable, because waiting for this car to break and stop running on its own is going to take far far too long. 

also, if that is not a v6 camry, then I will have to question the sanity of the sick soul that fitted it with urban racing attire.

the 2.2 is a lazy motor that pulls hard from idle to about 932rpm then runs out of breath anywhere after. 

It is a 2.2l and some kid from Janesville did the BECAUSE RACECAR  to this (i got this car when i was 16..)6.5 Years ago. 

It's coming to my work for all around Tranny mount/Motor mounts, let's just say they are more dryrotted/cracked then the tires =D, i got it alive and kicking over the weekend and it was purring like a kitten. gotta love that 2.2 (it wasn't started for 1 Year since last time i moved it)

NO

NO NO NO NO NO.

It is reliable. nothing else.  

NOTHING. 

Those cars will NOT die! As much as you want it to! My x gf's car blew the timing belt at 200k on her 2.2L. I thought it was finally done... NO! I put a timing belt on for 30 bucks and it runs fine! God Dammit!

I did the timing belt on mine as well. Im sure the small-handed Japanese engineers thought there was a crap-load of space between the side of the engine and the sheetmetal but my man-hands disagreed.