WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Post your winter beaters/winter bimmers

M318

That is pretty hilarious=) How are those on fuel mileage, being a newer truck and all?

I'm averaging 12.8mpg right now.  I want to see if premium will bring it up at all.  It's a 6000lb truck with a 6.2L V-8.....I didn't think it would get good gas mileage.

I drive about 5.5 Miles to work, so I don't put a ton of miles on.

Wasn't yours boosted Robert? 

I borrowed a neon once and absolutely hated it. It wasn't in the greatest aesthetic condition but it ran well. It had the worst handling out of any car I have ever driven and it couldn't get out of its own way if it had to. It was reliable in the fact it didn't break while I drove it. IIRC it broke a few days after I gave it back to the owner though. 

I had an 01 neon for quite awhile.  Get some blizzaks for it and you will motor through the snow like a beast.  Very reliable vehicle.  Worst thing about mine was that it was automatic.....I hated that.

Ya mine is the whopping 3 speed auto. I have no idea why on earth dodge wanted to make a trans like that. And @earl the handling is worse then my old 98 nissan 200sx that had the rear springs removed lol. I hate the oversized steering wheel and truck like turning radius.. but hey it has 3 functioning.cup holders and cold ac

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Wasn't yours boosted Robert? 

I borrowed a neon once and absolutely hated it. It wasn't in the greatest aesthetic condition but it ran well. It had the worst handling out of any car I have ever driven and it couldn't get out of its own way if it had to. It was reliable in the fact it didn't break while I drove it. IIRC it broke a few days after I gave it back to the owner though. 

My 95 was turbocharged.  The first gens (95-99) handled much better.  They were around 2200lbs and had pretty advanced suspension for the day.  The second gen 2000-?? handled OK after a lot of modification.  All my neons (I've had like 12 all were extemely reliable I only had 1 second gen though.

Ya mine is the whopping 3 speed auto. I have no idea why on earth dodge wanted to make a trans like that. And @earl the handling is worse then my old 98 nissan 200sx that had the rear springs removed lol. I hate the oversized steering wheel and truck like turning radius.. but hey it has 3 functioning.cup holders and cold ac Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Yes, the 3 speed is HORRIBLE!!!  Automatics suck giant (male sex organ) in general, but that 3 speed sucks.  If you put new struts and a set of eibach springs it would handle much better....but it doesn't really matter since it is an automatic winter beater.