WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

looks proper!!!

I like it a lot

also, you should get an award or something.

for being basically the only member to finish their build on here!!!

:cool:

Thanks!!

I'll just take an award for getting out of that lot alive.

I'm not done yet! Just bought all my lines and connectors for the CCV and catch can set up. $360, ouch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sometimes 400hp is faster than 600hp. And besides Its not how you stand by your car, its how you race your car. 

As far as the coolant temp sensors, I believe blue is for the ECU and brown is for the cluster, but it has been a while so check to see how many wires each one has. I believe the ECU temp sensor has 2 wires and the gauge temp sensor has 1.  You will see that the harness is missing a pin when you disconnect it. 

Isn't 400 a bit low to shoot for with an s52?

My goal is to have 500+ to the wheels. The tune is the next hurtle I need to jump over. As of now I'm running über rich. After I get my CCV set up done I will tackle the tune.

I do have 422 with a bad spark plug gap and bad tune... Plug gap fixed and she is pulling hard.

Sometimes 400hp is faster than 600hp. And besides Its not how you stand by your car, its how you race your car. 

As far as the coolant temp sensors, I believe blue is for the ECU and brown is for the cluster, but it has been a while so check to see how many wires each one has. I believe the ECU temp sensor has 2 wires and the gauge temp sensor has 1.  You will see that the harness is missing a pin when you disconnect it. 

I have a blue and a black sensor. Both are two pin. The blue is towards the front of the motor and and smaller diameter thread than the black one.

These might be why I'm running rich. The black sensor top broke off while I was loosening it making me think it was on it's way out when I put down dat dyno run. Bad sensor thinking the motor is cold=fuel dump. I have to look into this. AHH!

As of now I'm spinning a ton in 4th and a little in 5th. Both hands on the wheel and eyes up are a necessity. I just demolished a modded STi Friday night 3-5th to 130. #h3gon3

Edit after more driving.  When the tires are hot she doesn't spin in 5th.  4th just a little if I'm going straight but if I turn hang on!  3rd is squealing like the dude in Deliverance.

Update:

My ICV connector to the head is still popping out when boosting after I installed a new one.  I have to figure out how to latch that thing down.  I don't want to do epoxy so maybe some RTV and strap her down.   Ideas TJ?

The hood is on :(

Things to do:

-Tap my valve cover to 3/4 NPT and pray that the AN fittings clear my fuel rail and that I don't crack the cover!

-Install the fuel pressure regulator and crank her up to 60#.

-Wire up the dimmer lights for the boost and oil pressure gauge.

I should get these tasks done this week! 

Doctor Out.