WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

jebyve5e.jpg

Garage pic.

Wednesday I should be dropping off the car at the exhaust dude's shop. I might have him make me a catch can with 12AN fittings custom fit to the battery tray. After I get the CCV sorted I'll tackle the oil leak coming from the vanos cover(that's where I think it is at least).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What wheels do i spy?

They are ESM 004. They were on the car when I bought it. My style 5s will be on soon. Polished lip, gold centers but what to do with the bolts?? Polish them or paint them gun metal? So many ideas, not enough time.

looks like ESMs

Do you have a wideband/ AFR gauge?

I have a PLX gauge but I need to get a new "brain". I fried mine.

sweet mother of fuhhhhh!!!!!!

please get a video of it running with that "exhaust" on there :cool:

It is a ton of fun! I don't know how to upload a video to the forum. I'll get one one on Instagram. Follow @drleadfoot.

I'm getting boost creap at 5000 rpms with a 5lbs spring. I think the manifold is flowing too well to maintain low boost. Up I go! 12-15lbs spring today.

I have 350 cop free miles on the car so far. At 500 I will change the oil and "try" to baby it to 1000. Probably will run 5w-30 Mobil, AMS or Royal Purple synthetic.

They are ESM 004. They were on the car when I bought it. My style 5s will be on soon. Polished lip, gold centers but what to do with the bolts?? Polish them or paint them gun metal? So many ideas, not enough time.

I have a PLX gauge but I need to get a new "brain". I fried mine.

It is a ton of fun! I don't know how to upload a video to the forum. I'll get one one on Instagram. Follow @drleadfoot.

I'm getting boost creap at 5000 rpms with a 5lbs spring. I think the manifold is flowing too well to maintain low boost. Up I go! 12-15lbs spring today.

I have 350 cop free miles on the car so far. At 500 I will change the oil and "try" to baby it to 1000. Probably will run 5w-30 Mobil, AMS or Royal Purple synthetic.

Oil argument starting now.  Royal Purple HPS!! not the API stuff.

very very nice!  That must be really exciting! The afrs look nice and stable/consistent too. What psi is this at? 

Thanks!! You have no idea on how nervous I was!

The afrs were so rich most of the time they flat lined at the bottom. There is some tuning to do but TRM probably runs their tunes super rich due to lawsuits. I'll see what they have to say Monday. Or I might just put more boost on it!

I had a 15lbs spring in the waste gate. I'm going to run that until I sort out my high rpm issues.