WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

The M3 is in the garage on a jack stand awaiting a new passenger caliper or a front BBK to replace the frozen caliper.  I'd like to do the BBK route but sourcing a used set seems like it will take some time so Concours here I come!

Pic to come.

Now the real test.  Daily the E30!!  Kind of excited, not going to lie.  My first appointment today is with a job relocation via Johnson Controls and I guess the guy is originally from Germany.  Will the E30 do the selling for me??   We shall see.

Exciting!

Are those the flares that Kamotors is selling and if so what "size" are they? They look real good. 
How much did you remove off the wheel arches, maybe an inch or two?

AAAAAND  

Do you have offset front lower control arm bushings / do you have low speed rubbing issues on u-turns like I do? 

Exciting!

Are those the flares that Kamotors is selling and if so what "size" are they? They look real good. 

How much did you remove off the wheel arches, maybe an inch or two?

AAAAAND  

Do you have offset front lower control arm bushings / do you have low speed rubbing issues on u-turns like I do? 

They are the Ultrawides from Kamotors. 

I cut a good amount and still need to cut some more on the rears.  I'll try and find a pic.

I think they are offset. They are green!  I don't rub with 215s and 18mm spacers but I'm damn close.

Out of curiosity, how did you end up finishing the edges of the sheet metal you cut out? Also, didn't you have a Wilwood BBK on there already?

I glued the inner and outer sheet metal together using industrial strength glue and riveted it shut.

I do have a Wilwood BBK on the e30 that I just ordered new rotors and hawk hps pads for.

The BBK I'm hunting down now is for the e46 M3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk