WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

Polished up my rear passenger wheel a bit. It was pretty nasty due to the sticking caliper.

af72455889c484aaf23bac590223935c.jpg

Bolted down my ecu to replace the zip ties that were holding it in there. However, couldn't get away from the ties to secure the PA system. I'll rig something up that's not sketch in the future.

16554e7e297388cf51bafce830cb89c6.jpg

Back in business! !

bc67f7a58bfbbc059cd9a03c48c97e31.jpg

So my clutch doesn't like the boost at 18 psi. I do, but it really doesn't one bit.

It slips in 4th and 5th but spins tires through the other gears. It has a chattering feel and the revs go up but the mph do not.

I think it is bull#€£%# because it's a southbend stage 4 unless the seller lied. Going to get a southbend stage 5 and call it a day.

When it doesn't slip it is insanity!!

I have had my "blue flywheel of death" for 20k miles at least with no troubles.  It has fantastic feel and is still easy enough to drive that my wife said she can't tell the difference from the stock one.  I am also not revving past the stock limiter, I would rather have the light flywheel and stock limiter any day.