WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

Got a 2.79LSD from GunMetalGrey. Now doing research on ZF swaps now with a focus on which driveshaft to use. Any input from y'all would be great.

Ordered a twin disk UUC clutch over the shopping weekend. Had a special deal going on. Got a t-shirt, clutch stop, Evo-3 shifter, braided slave cylinder line for free plus $100 off the order.

Gearing up to make this a reliable freeway ride. Taking it cross country this summer.

Need to get these (second item) http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog/catalog.php?page=2&category=e30%20S50%2FM50%20Swap Does anyone have a stock e30 transmission mount crossmember for sale?

Is this supposed to be a solid trans mount deal? I have a couple uhmw condor mounts attached to a crossmember sitting in my old swap car. But they are damn 1" thick uhmw with a clearance hole lol. A whole 3$ worth of material. 

Need to get these (second item) http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog/catalog.php?page=2&category=e30%20S50%2FM50%20Swap Does anyone have a stock e30 transmission mount crossmember for sale?

Is this supposed to be a solid trans mount deal? I have a couple uhmw condor mounts attached to a crossmember sitting in my old swap car. But they are damn 1" thick uhmw with a clearance hole lol. A whole 3$ worth of material. 

They are stock e21 with a jacket surrounding the rubber I guess.

I have the condor trans mounts now. I like them for driving around town and short beat runs but I'm planning on doing a cross country trip with my fiancée this summer and buzzing all the way to Cali isn't too appealing.

They are stock e21 with a jacket surrounding the rubber I guess. I have the condor trans mounts now. I like them for driving around town and short beat runs but I'm planning on doing a cross country trip with my fiancée this summer and buzzing all the way to Cali isn't too appealing.

I see I see. Very understandable. What are you thinking for motor mounts? 

Whats the most stiff/least vibration? At least what the most soft mount thats okay with an FI system?

They are stock e21 with a jacket surrounding the rubber I guess. I have the condor trans mounts now. I like them for driving around town and short beat runs but I'm planning on doing a cross country trip with my fiancée this summer and buzzing all the way to Cali isn't too appealing.

I see I see. Very understandable. What are you thinking for motor mounts? 

Whats the most stiff/least vibration? At least what the most soft mount thats okay with an FI system?

I was going to keep the Condor engine mounts and run a stock-ish trans mount like I had before. It felt solid.

Ordered a bunch of stuff yesteday to get the trans maintenance up to date.  5th and reverse gear drivers (?), output shaft seal, shifter linkage seal, foam selector link thing, a set of drift tools.

Here goes nothing!

Any idea how much this was and where you got it from? I'm about to go down the same road. 

Ordered a bunch of stuff yesteday to get the trans maintenance up to date.  5th and reverse gear drivers (?), output shaft seal, shifter linkage seal, foam selector link thing, a set of drift tools.

Here goes nothing!

Any idea how much this was and where you got it from? I'm about to go down the same road. 

What are you looking for? I started a thread about the zf trans with a bunch of links.