WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

From my fender guy, KaMotors:

"I'm running 17x9 et10f w 245/40/17, 265 will fit rear with ultra-wides but much wider than a 245 on an e30 in the front will cause turn issuesI believe 17x10 et20r I used for a customer but a bit had to be shaved off of soring perch."

A quick E30 shoot after I stopped by Snap's to pick up my freshly powdercoated wing flaps.

16760880737_f41c3dc821_b.jpg

16760876417_afd9866927_b.jpg

16782057769_131677fffe_b.jpg

16760868487_f74c531b21_b.jpg

16942298646_3688abec3f_b.jpg

16780555858_f183314b2b_b.jpg

16780769830_96ebd40776_b.jpg

I took Snap for a ride and really gave it some beans.  I'm experiencing some break up at higher RPMs. Need to look into some different plugs (which Snap has so graciously done) and get a new tune from TRM. It's way too rich.

A quick E30 shoot after I stopped by Snap's to pick up my freshly powdercoated wing flaps.

I took Snap for a ride and really gave it some beans.  I'm experiencing some break up at higher RPMs. Need to look into some different plugs (which Snap has so graciously done) and get a new tune from TRM. It's way too rich.

Love the pictures from today! Ive been showing lots of friends, family, and strangers its awesomeness.

And yes, we went for a ride and it was just like the "large chested scantily clad model goes for ride in fast tuner car" videos on youtube, except john's car doesnt have harnesses.

The thing is bonkers. Even with sticky BFGs it is losing grip in the 70-80mph range on the freeway. Oh and the Wilwoods did a fine job when we spotted Officer Friendly in the oncoming lane at or near triple digits.

Thanks again for the ride!

They don't make a 5w-40 in HPS.

I would pick 5w-30 or 10w-40 then. The hps is much better oil, anything api approved now is not that great, thanks epa. Their website basically says once out of warranty use hps, it has a better additive blend and higher zddp. Not trying to start an oil argument, just sharing what I have learned.

Sent from my potato phone

Afrs actually look real good there. If your wideband is accurate then for whatever reason its running a bit rich at the moment. Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? You could use that as a fine adjustment tool if TRM sends you tunes that continue to be extra rich

The tough thing about the remote tuning is that they base their tweaks off of a formula which wont necessarily get you where you need to be on the first try, it may take several iterations.

I could provide you with the same tweaks they do if I had a way to write to that chip. Thats just saying that theres not a whole lot of voodoo to it.

Have you re-calibrated your wideband recently?