WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E39 Project

REKIII

So what you are saying here, is the countless stock DME tuned turbo e36's and e46's are unsafe even though people have driven tens of thousands of miles and also daily drive those cars? I honestly can't believe that it doesn't work when so many people prove it. Hell they made over 1000whp on the stock e36 DME. I know there are other factory turbo cars with MAF based systems as well. What you said does make some sense to me though. Pv=nrt No? Haha.

This is how I understand the DME, the ones I've seen have all had some sort of piggyback controller, or an archaic RRFPR.  I never claim to know everything, just explaining how I understand things.  I'm always eager to admit I'm wrong when I get to learn something new.

In Maximum Boost, it is mentioned on the NSX install that there is a MAF signal blocker that blocks or maintains the signal to keep it from going out of limits under boost. Just mentioning that since it may be part of how it would work with stock ECU + MAF

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...