WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E39 Project

REKIII

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry PJ. Been really busy at work! I did get the engine brackets released for the other e39 project I'm working on. Motor mounts and a plethora of other small bits for that person next. Hopefully I get to reverse engineering my intake manifold soon.

Stupid KW had to order a replacement rod for one of my coliovers so the Umbrella bits are on hold.

Sorry PJ. Been really busy at work! I did get the engine brackets released for the other e39 project I'm working on. Motor mounts and a plethora of other small bits for that person next. Hopefully I get to reverse engineering my intake manifold soon.

Stupid KW had to order a replacement rod for one of my coliovers so the Umbrella bits are on hold.

You wouldn't be able to have oil filter housing covers machined would you? Similiar to: http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/tag/oil-filter-cap

Damn. Huge blow on the progress today, although for good reason. My tuner has decided it would be best to get the car running on the Adaptonic Normally aspirated and put some miles on it, before turbo charging.

Makes great sense and will make for a better end product, but at the same time very dissapointing. So no Turbo M until mid to late summer at the earliest.

Oh well.

Damn. Huge blow on the progress today, although for good reason. My tuner has decided it would be best to get the car running on the Adaptonic Normally aspirated and put some miles on it, before turbo charging.

Makes great sense and will make for a better end product, but at the same time very dissapointing. So no Turbo M until mid to late summer at the earliest.

Oh well.

DAMN. Still a beautiful car no matter what..

At this rate, nobody here will be finishing their turbo projects in time for spring.

Posted Image

jk everybody. Thats just motivation so you can all prove me wrong.

NA M20 FTW

ok now im screwed

Posted Image

I will indeed take this as motivation.. This bastard won't give me the engine!! I'm not going to paint it until it warms up, and lately I have just been saving up my dimes for welding consumables and parts for my exhaust manifold. Man I just bought an argon tank. They aren't cheap! And I spent the rest of my pay check on filler rods and stuff!

I will indeed take this as motivation.. This bastard won't give me the engine!! I'm not going to paint it until it warms up, and lately I have just been saving up my dimes for welding consumables and parts for my exhaust manifold. Man I just bought an argon tank. They aren't cheap! And I spent the rest of my pay check on filler rods and stuff!

Did you buy a brand new argon tank....?

• 1 month later...
Guest sean_thao

Sounds interesting. Ill be excited to see when you finish. I just recently purchased an M5 down in Arkansas last week. Good to see that youre one of the few on here who owns one. Forced induction on the S62 will be somthing else. Goodluck!

• 3 months later...