WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E39 Project

REKIII

Right place and right time can get you real far if you're good at it :)

That's for damn sure. I'm just trying to keep luck out of it haha. Just spilled water on my MBP today.... Almost cried. And then I dropped my sisters iPad(didn't break), and then broke the back of my iPhone. Great day! Sorry to derail your thread..

That's for damn sure. I'm just trying to keep luck out of it haha. Just spilled water on my MBP today.... Almost cried. And then I dropped my sisters iPad(didn't break), and then broke the back of my iPhone. Great day! Sorry to derail your thread..

Watch out, we got an apple product d*ck rider over here! ;D Love you Mitch<3

How did you get a job as a mechanical designer though? And how did you like MSOE? I haven't toured there or anything. I just have a trustee that is hooking me up a Marquette.

Every thread here on WIBIMMERS gets de-railed and I dont feel bad about it because its still a small site :P so with that said I will answer this in REKIII's build thread>

Everyone at MSOE felt like they were getting ripped off and that they should have gone to UWM to save money. I partly agree, but the small class sizes were a big help since I was a homeowner, husband, father, and working for portions of my schooling and I didn't get many chances to join in on study groups. Lots of people I know bailed and went to cheaper easier schools, some even bailed on school altogether. I cant speak for anyone but myself, but I haven't had any issue finding employment as an MSOE grad.

Guest mkaehly

Mkaehly? we don't like audi guys here......:eek:

Your just mad because I got to drive my M5 upside-down. . .

Best of luck on the build - I know you will crack it. . .while I am turning 11's with my stock piece-o-crap audi :)

edit: for your reference in your project :)

post-1494-136211549148_thumb.jpg

Edited by mkaehly

• 5 weeks later...

Well, it looks like I finally settled on my suspension upgrade/change. I like the car low, but hate that I smash bits under my car all the time. My KW V3's need a rebuild, so I was looking into otheroptions. I fully explored Air bags, and still feel they would be a good option, even in a performance sense, if done correctly, however I just couldn't pull the trigger, as I really like the coilovers.

So, I found a Company that builds air cyliders that a custom fit over the top of the coilover and allows the front of the car to be raised almost 2" at the push of a button. When the cylinders are in the down position, the coilover acts completely as it would normally. The unit only adds 1/4-1/2" in height and with the new hallow spring doesn't add any weight. It really is a cool set up.

So I am going to send the KW's out for rebuild, then to this company to get the install done, then they will bolt up to the car.

Hope to get more updates soon.

Well, it was good I asked him! Since he works mainly on italian and NSX stuff, he never even looked at the rear of an e39, and assumed it was shock/spring like the e30. I sent him some pics and he was all excited that he will be able to offer a full 4 corner system for the e39.