WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New ride

Iceddragon

So it turns out I did lower my deductible, and the adjuster said rates don't typically go up on deer hits. Total is going to be a little over $2400, car goes in next Tuesday and its going to take a week to fix it.

He found another pair of dents I didn't even notice across the rear door and fender. I guess the deer bounced. He's also going to completely replace the mirror for me and do the A pillar the full way instead of pdr.

With only paying $500 and getting a full new drivers side and my rates not going up, I think it makes sense to use insurance here. Only downside I see at first glance is 3 weeks before the car is back, and its getting cold... I might not get it back in time to have fun with it in the boost weather.

53 minutes ago, Snap said:

Sounds like a good outcome. Its amazing the slightest of dents the bodywork guys can detect. One of my cars got rear ended and it blew my mind what miniscule ripples and such they pointed out on the quarter panels that I would have never detected

As long as they do a good job I'm happy with it. And the dent really is hard to see, he only noticed it because it makes a sharp line in the shop light reflection.

10 hours ago, Earl said:

Hopefully they blend the new paint in well. Don't want the car looking like kt belongs to Two Face=P

Its a dark color, should be fairly easy to blend.

14 hours ago, Iceddragon said:

So it turns out I did lower my deductible, and the adjuster said rates don't typically go up on deer hits. Total is going to be a little over $2400, car goes in next Tuesday and its going to take a week to fix it.

He found another pair of dents I didn't even notice across the rear door and fender. I guess the deer bounced. He's also going to completely replace the mirror for me and do the A pillar the full way instead of pdr.

With only paying $500 and getting a full new drivers side and my rates not going up, I think it makes sense to use insurance here. Only downside I see at first glance is 3 weeks before the car is back, and its getting cold... I might not get it back in time to have fun with it in the boost weather.

Do the A pillar the full way? You mean with body filler?

Lol the A pillar isn't a panel, it's part of the car. It can't simply be unbolted.

Like Snap said, take some before pictures so you have something to show buyers who question the accident on CarFax. This way you have evidence that it was a minor deer hit, not a major accident.

Also, my insurance agent said my rates wouldn't go up either... liars. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Jdesign said:

You have a CRZ as a daily?! Im all kinds of PB&Jelly.

Yeah, when my last E90 broke during the River Valley Road Rally we picked this up as a reliable daily, which then opened up the world of N54 problems to me without worrying about being without a car. I don't drive to work, but in a way I have the boring ol Honda to thank for the 335.

Also got some new plates for the car today, you also get a cat to look at.

IMG_20171106_170836.jpg