WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Steelblue E36 Build Thread

Rekpoint

Fuck this coolant expansion tank. Can't get the damn hose seated correct. Got my car to temp only to find out it's leaking from the hose at the bottom of the tank. This is a pain in the ass.

If anyone wants to send me cash/lowering springs for my birthday I'll send you guys my PayPal/address [emoji14]
908e1a18d214c9221cc636f9bea5160d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just now, jc43089 said:

Hey i'm curious, does the Mishimoto tank have the bleed line in the top internally connected to a tube going to the bottom or does it just dump into the top of the tank?

I assume you are talking about the small hose that is on the outside. Yes there is another hose on the inside that goes to the bottom of the tank.

A hose was 2 big and a hose was 2 small. So i drove to school pissing coolant. I next-day shipped an ECS hose kit yesterday. Will get it around noon today and install in on Saturday. Hopefuly powder coating and painting bumper next week. I fixed the crack and slight warp on the bottom of the bumper lastnight. Starting to wonder why the original owner of the bumper used some sort of filler to fill all the scratches on the bottom. So now I need to sand the filler off and hand it over to the professionals. 

They may have used an icing instead of trying to take the whole bumper down evenly. 
That I would have been ok with. Whatever they we're trying to do they we're layering it on and it wasn't even nice. It's almost all sanded off and it looks fine.

Have you considered painting it yourself? You can get a whole kit with spray can of adhesion promoter for the plastic, primer,  color matched paint, and catalyzed clear from paintscratch.com for around $90 (less if you don't want the other stuff in the kit). It won't be 100% perfect, but could be worth the savings compared to paying a body shop.

Have you considered painting it yourself? You can get a whole kit with spray can of adhesion promoter for the plastic, primer,  color matched paint, and catalyzed clear from paintscratch.com for around $90 (less if you don't want the other stuff in the kit). It won't be 100% perfect, but could be worth the savings compared to paying a body shop.
I liked the fact that I could pay someone and the job not turn out bad. I have one more contact then that is probably the way I'll go.