WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Steelblue E36 Build Thread

Rekpoint

7 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

How so? I think I'm going to be getting a different one here soon.

5 hours ago, Jdesign said:

He is probably referring to the fact that its not collector blue. But that because that's a "main vehicle or daily driver" plate correct?

yeah, the 'Vehicle Collector' is a nice, subtle touch.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a little photo-dump of car pictures 😀

Hopefully they are worth everyones time ❤️

And for a little addition I made this "Reproduction BMW dealer art" for @pynacl Birthday. He has it framed in his living-room. 

Photo Creds to @AZNSam I cant take photos when im driving :( 

jakegif1t.jpg

49021376546_459a802105_o.jpg

49021377416_92dd706197_o.jpg

49020856223_5c254af695_o.jpg

49586074708_e64141e092_o.png

• 1 year later...

A little update to this thing, Car didn't get driven last summer as I had my M roadster to drive. Took that time to replace inner and outer tie-rod ends. Control arms etc. 

After that job the car died in a parking lot and I had to bump start it to drive home. Guy screamed "A dead BMW, that looks expensive" Yeah dude, thanks for your input..... 

So anyways I parked it in my shop and it sat all winter because it was too cold to work on it. My starter had been acting funky so I assumed that was the problem, Turns out it was actually a ground that I messed with while doing the control arms.. Go figure but it was due for a starter replacement anyways. Did injector O rings as well.

Now I am tracing a slight misfire, but while I am doing that I just got done doing the valve cover gasket (Started leaking on the headers after sitting all winter) and It was time to put in a set of NGK iridium spark plugs aswell. Slightly hoping the VC/Sparkplug combo will fix the slight misfire but knowing my luck its probably a vacuum line all the way under the intake manifold that I will have to pull again.

I still love this car although its starting to get a bit crusty. Been pretty problem free, Get in and drive as E36s are bulletproof. Its going to be downgraded to the Winter Daily soon.

10 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

A little update to this thing, Car didn't get driven last summer as I had my M roadster to drive. Took that time to replace inner and outer tie-rod ends. Control arms etc. 

After that job the car died in a parking lot and I had to bump start it to drive home. Guy screamed "A dead BMW, that looks expensive" Yeah dude, thanks for your input..... 

So anyways I parked it in my shop and it sat all winter because it was too cold to work on it. My starter had been acting funky so I assumed that was the problem, Turns out it was actually a ground that I messed with while doing the control arms.. Go figure but it was due for a starter replacement anyways. Did injector O rings as well.

Now I am tracing a slight misfire, but while I am doing that I just got done doing the valve cover gasket (Started leaking on the headers after sitting all winter) and It was time to put in a set of NGK iridium spark plugs aswell. Slightly hoping the VC/Sparkplug combo will fix the slight misfire but knowing my luck its probably a vacuum line all the way under the intake manifold that I will have to pull again.

I still love this car although its starting to get a bit crusty. Been pretty problem free, Get in and drive as E36s are bulletproof. Its going to be downgraded to the Winter Daily soon.

with an LSD they make  really fun winter daily. (ice racing time!)