WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Alpine White Zender Kit E24 633CSI

Jdesign

Those tires are soooo small on the 16's @Earl LOLOLOL

Im picking up the set of 17 style 5's tonight so I will be right in between. :)

12 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

so i'm thinking m70 twin turbo would fit nicely under the hood.

You stop that. 

But I like your idea......

https://bmwconceptsarchive.wordpress.com/2015/01/11/bmw-6-series-v12-mule-e24-1987/

But for consistency sake, I would probably put something non-BMW in there. 

Picked up the Style 5's this weekend and test fit them. The tires are way too small and completely destroyed. I plan on refinishing them while the RS's stay on the car. Then once they are refinished I will swap them out and refinish the RS's

IMG_6797.JPGIMG_6798.JPG

I also ordered the last of the front suspension parts last week from FCP and went to install them this weekend.

I got everything apart, go the new control arms in, but noticed the Tie rods were slightly different.... Yup totally an inch too long on either side. I assume its e12 stuff and I will be contacting FCP today to get that situated. Ughhh SO close :/

IMG_6795.JPGIMG_6796.JPG

I also ordered exhaust piping for replacing the muffler that was rotted out, that has yet to show up so I haven't been able to cross that off quite yet. 

Parts to order / find

• Tie rods   (DAMMITTT)
  • Steering Arm
  • Trailing Arms
  • Suspension Control Arm and Ball Joint 
  • Ball joints
  • Front valanc
  • Shift Bushing
  • Muffler/ rear exhaust
  • Front springs
  • Speakers (4 minimum)
  • Wipers
  • Tail light surrounds (might need to make my own)
  • Interior dash blanks      @YoungCR  -might have these?
  • fog lights   
  • Door light switch
  • Right rear window switch (in the rear of the car)     @YoungCR  -and might have this?
  • Battery tie down     @YoungCR  -and might have one of these? I broke the one I got from @m42b32 :( 

Labor

• Remove tint
  • Muffler/ rear exhaust
  • Install v belts
  • Adjust steering box
  • Extreme interior detail/ buffing session
  • New brake pads / Rebuild caliper
  • Turn signal Relay needs to be cleaned or replaced

8 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

I know @m42b32 It was sad. I had a battery in there, and I needed it for another car I bought, and when I removed it, the long bolt snapped halfway out. Really annoying because now I have to figure out a new means of securing the battery. 

I get a little scared every time I need to take one of those out, its such a long/thin bolt!

Exhaust piping came in. $26 shipped for 7.5' of mild steel seemed like a really cheap price. This will be the replacement for the muffler that was completely destroyed. Surprisingly the car isnt ungodly loud without a muffler so I figured this would help to wake it up a little.

IMG_3832.JPGIMG_6809.JPG

Still waiting on the correct steering components to get here so I can finish that up.  

10 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Exhaust piping came in. $26 shipped for 7.5' of mild steel seemed like a really cheap price. This will be the replacement for the muffler that was completely destroyed. Surprisingly the car isnt ungodly loud without a muffler so I figured this would help to wake it up a little.

IMG_3832.JPGIMG_6809.JPG

Still waiting on the correct steering components to get here so I can finish that up.  

Is it galvanized? Kinda hard to tell

• 2 weeks later...

I got the right tie rods and installed them early last week. Since I bolted everything up, I have yet to drive the car. I really wanted to weld the exhaust before hand and I don't have an Argon tank at my shop and I am too lazy to load one into/onto my car from my work. Maybe this week I will get to it....

I also split the Style 5's I bought and have since tossed the hardware into the tumbler. I still need to find tires, paint the faces, and polish the lips. Once these are built I can start on the RS's!

Oh! I also bought a new battery because one of the cars I bought a few months ago didn't have one, so it got salvaged from this car. So now with the new battery, I was also able to make a new battery hold-down bracket. So that's crossed off the list again! 

Exhaust installed and hung! Looks really weird seeing pipes stick out the back of this thing again. I plan on putting some nice tips on it to clean it up a bit. 

IMG_6964.JPGIMG_6965.JPGIMG_6966.JPG

I didnt take any pictures of the nice hanger I made but maybe I will once I install the tips.

Im thinking of ordering some Silverlines like the factory tips. They have a rolled outside edge.

Image result for E24 exhaust tips

The Silverline tips came in. Super nice quality and a perfect fit, better than the OEM ones that were on the car. Im happy with these! 

IMG_6997.JPGIMG_6998.JPG

IMG_6999.JPGIMG_7001.JPG

Parts to order / find

• Tie rods   (DAMMITTT)
  • Steering Arm
  • Trailing Arms
  • Suspension Control Arm and Ball Joint 
  • Ball joints
  • Front valanc
  • Shift Bushing
  • Muffler/ rear exhaust
  • Battery tie down 
  • Speakers (4 minimum)
  • Wipers
  • Door light switch
  • Tires

Minor Items

• Right rear window switch (in the rear of the car)     @YoungCR  -and might have this?
  • fog lights   
  • Front springs
  • Tail light surrounds (might need to make my own)
  • Interior dash blanks      @YoungCR  -might have these?

Labor

• Remove tint
  • Muffler/ rear exhaust
  • Install v belts
  • Adjust steering box
  • Extreme interior detail/ buffing session
  • New brake pads / Rebuild caliper
  • Turn signal Relay needs to be cleaned or replaced
  • Finish buffing the entire car
  • Remove the pin stripe
  • Installed the side skirts with stainless hardware
  • Refinish the Style 5's