WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build Thread?

GunMetalGrey

• 4 weeks later...

So a bit ago I decided that I hated the way I had used the old 88 pin to hook up megasquirt, it was just not cool. so I opened things up a bit.

IMG_20140501_231332_zps015e8c4b.jpg

I removed unnecessary wires and took everything off of the 88 pin connector, and got me some molex connectors. I soldered/crimped all kinds of connections and got it to look a little bit something like this.

IMG_20140511_164210_972_zps3d4e5f9f.jpg

I will be getting exhaust done soon, and it will be on the road within two months I hope!

Guest 328ci

This car can not be done soon enough, I am so excited for this. Its going to be a good summer. Let me buff er and get some good pictures of it asap

• 2 weeks later...

I love going to order parts for exhaust and $220 later is still need things, doing exhaust the correct way is expensive to say the least... I think I will have around a grand into the exhaust when it is done. .304 stainless everything, flex pipe for the downpipe and wastegate, v-band clamps, 25" resonator and no muffler. I look forward to getting the fuel system finished up in the coming days and figuring out what is up with my clutch. When I press the pedal it is very hard and clicks in the trans, then the pedal won't come back. I will be pulling the slave cylinder to find out what is going on in there.

I have finished up my wiring (I hope) and got the whole harness re-worked and deleted most of the un-need plugs, including the Diagnostics Plug, there is no where for that damn thing to go! Other than the garbage of course...

Tucked some wires away and threw a cover or two on.

Quick shot so you don't all hate me!

IMG_20140520_132141_903_zps8a5d9321.jpg

I would like to think I will be driving it in two months. 

That also depends on what I am able to do for summer work. I have/had two interviews for summer drafting work, one being part time and one being full time. I will continue to work my current part time job with either option, so I will have more or less time depending on what jobs are offered to me. 

Also, this is a terrible game to play. I was looking at buying a legitimate v band clamp from tial to replace my terrible ebay one (I have an ebay wastegate :/) and I was thinking to myself, 

"well, why waste the $40 for the clamp, when I could just spend the extra 300 and get the wastegate with both clamps?" 

This car game is killing me slowly! 

mv-r.jpg

It's on the way. I realized that I don't want to have to do exhaust again so I need what I will have on it long term. Glad to get rid of the ebay wastegate, wish I wouldn't have wasted any money on it in the first place. Oh well.

Got some random fuel lines fitted today. Nothing exciting, just bitch work.

So I mentioned my clutch issues before in this thread and today I got around to pulling the slave cylinder out. Found a few things.

Found out why my clutch was rattling...

4781a2d7-659e-4b20-b79f-713664f571a7_zps

circled in white you can see (very hard to get a picture in there) where the paint has been worn off of the pressure plate. My theory is that the slave was pushing much farther than needed and was pushing the clutch fork into the pressure plate. My lack of a clutch stop would cause this, which would explain how the clutch worked before. 

My slave was also dripping and the shaft was super wobbly.

IMG_20140525_204055_737_zps29c59330.jpg

So I will be getting a new slave and I really hope that my clutch fork isn't bent because that would involve removing my transmission...

Got megasquirt working again with the new harness and fuel system and could hear hissing near the fuel filter. Hardline decided it didn't want to stay intact. Cool.

Was a bit of a pain to get the whole line down but I got it and ordered a new one.

Slave cylinder came in and I installed that, bled it and tested it. On one of the first few pressed I heard the slave pushrod (loudly) shoot off to the side of the clutch fork. This is the second time this has happened. Cool. I will be dropping the trans tomorrow to see what the heck is going on in there. Not too thrilled to have to pull the trans, but it is what it is.

Updates tomorrow!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2