WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Who else rides things on two wheels?

suspenceful

I owned a 1991 CBR 600 back in the day, but didn't really like it. After riding my friend's grom 2 weekends ago, I decided I should probably get one.

Last night I picked up the first white 2017 Grom in Wisconsin to my knowledge. Reserved it about a week ago and picked it up a few hours after it was delivered yesterday. Walked in and saw a nice "SOLD" tag on it. They got three in (white, red, yellow), and two of them were already sold. Three people expressed interest in mine while I was filling out paperwork, but I wasn't about to let her go.

28623225583_79a55ea142_c.jpg

28956576480_ebf03e0f82_c.jpg

29210052936_ef9fce6f8e_c.jpg

29243902735_03012f92ab_c.jpg

I now own 3 BMWs and a motorcycle. I think I have a problem.

9 minutes ago, andyhundley said:

I really want to ride a Grom. Ive had a few big bore Zuma's and am curious how a Grom would compare. I just picked up a 13 Suzuki DRZ400 super moto a few months ago and it's a ton of fun to ride around the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't fast in a straight line, that's for sure. I just like how fun and nimble they are. Perfect for getting around town and saving gas (I live and work in the city).

Someone on Facebook (Rowley) didn't understand why someone would buy a Grom when they could buy a Supermoto. I'm not sure what a brand new DRZ400 would cost, but I paid $3800 out the door on this brand new Grom. That's fees, tax, registration, plates, etc.

I don't doubt that the DRZ would be a ton of fun. I'd probably like the additional power. I've never ridden one, but I know for sure that I enjoy the Grom.

Groms are quite fun. A friend of mine has one and has let me drive it. I don't know if I would want it as my only bike (not great for longer trips), but I wouldn't mind having one. My current bike is a BMW G650 XCountry that I picked up earlier this year. So far it is exactly what I was hoping it would be. Plenty of power and still light and nimble.

ece0cca1b79dd3230a59236b3f7199bf.jpg

On 8/27/2016 at 10:40 PM, KaiserRolls said:

Break it in hard and change the oil often lol. I opted for the 6 year warranty which covers everything besides tires and wear parts. Which is nice considering how it gets ridden

Good to know because I've been breaking mine in really hard. I had almost no choice but to go WOT for the first 30 miles because of where I bought it.

Did you get the warranty through the dealership you bought yours, or Honda? It does sound like good reassurance.

Relevant picture:

29281862486_225ab5f794_c.jpg