WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I bought a shark!

e92boost

9 hours ago, e92boost said:

Good power, everything on the car works perfectly as it should.  Zero issues. 

All the leaks must've cleared up then which is good. The car got driven once a year by the owner of Concours and he'd complain about the oil and other fluid leaks on the floor haha. 

1 minute ago, YoungCR said:

All the leaks must've cleared up then which is good. The car got driven once a year by the owner of Concours and he'd complain about the oil and other fluid leaks on the floor haha. 

Is this the one that used to sit in the front of the building? 

49 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

When I got the car I did a little refresher just in case. Belts plugs fluids and a few gaskets. I didn't know how old or when anytbing was changed. So I wasn't aware of any leaks anyways. Looked bone dry underneath. 

1 minute ago, suspenceful said:

This thing is beautiful. What's the ballpark price on something like this? I have no idea what the market is like...

The prices are all over the place. I've been offered around 20 for mine, but I wouldn't sell it.  You can get a clean one for 10 grand. Something that needs work less. 

38 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

Yes. Story was they bought it off a customer who was looking to sell it. Not sure when that happened. I worked there from late 2011 to late 2013.

Yah that was something I heard. I didn't buy the car personally, I've been looking for a clean one for a few years and my dad surprised me with this as a gift when me and my wife had our daughter. I guess it'll be her first car one day lol

14 hours ago, e92boost said:

Yah that was something I heard. I didn't buy the car personally, I've been looking for a clean one for a few years and my dad surprised me with this as a gift when me and my wife had our daughter. I guess it'll be her first car one day lol

you had a kid and your dad buys you a classic car?! your dad's priorities are hilarious and awesome.

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

you had a kid and your dad buys you a classic car?! your dad's priorities are hilarious and awesome.

Haha yah it's funny. He has a pretty nice collection of cars he's a huge enthusiast. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be so into cars, and would probably be better off financially lol. 

5 hours ago, Jdesign said:

S54??!!

Yes sir. I was originally thinking about the s62 v8 but I kind of want to keep it in the 6 cylinder family since that's what originally in it. I'm just picturing a s54 with a CF air box in that engine bay, would be so bad ass.