WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Project Cars (game) out tomorrow!!!

B C

What looks to be a good contender for Forza and GT and the first decent looking racing game for PS4 is coming out May 7th! Thats tomorrow, Anyone else getting it?

Heres to hoping the physics are more realistic than Forza and the engine sounds are more realistic than GT6

A few BMWs from the game

cars-1347097275-504b12bb9036b.jpg

022.jpg

7948184864_626e5e2430_h.jpg

Project-Cars-1.jpg

1131727452047256200.jpg

pcars4.jpg

project-cars-the-final-list-of-cars-reve

Wasn't planning on buying another console ever, but it's tempting. I'd love to get into some organized, semi-competitive sim racing. Scheduled races, points standings and all that. I got into GT5 kind of late, and it was always hard to find a decent race online :/ Don't feel like wasting my time playing with a bunch of whiners/kids/trolls/asshats/etc

Back to back races with a good group of online competitors are amazing. I had a session in gt5 once where myself and another guy were at each others throats for 1st each race. It was some good clean racing and a good adrenaline rush.

Then there were other online sessions where i just rammed people while laying on the horn with the Jay Leno Tank Car. That wasnt nearly as entertaining

I have been a huge fan of the GT series since GT2 and I have owned everyone since then.  Forza's game play never grabbed me and I have never cared enough to own multiple systems (unless you count the N64 I still have).  I have been following Project Cars and it looks awesome but at this point I don't even know if I want to buy a PS4, until GT7 comes out at least.

The sad reality is driving physics will never be made realistic in a video game. The amount of skill needed to drive them on the console would turn away too many players=/ I mean they could have a setting that gives you very realistic physics and then have a setting for the novice players. 

The sad reality is driving physics will never be made realistic in a video game. The amount of skill needed to drive them on the console would turn away too many players=/ I mean they could have a setting that gives you very realistic physics and then have a setting for the novice players. 

iRacing? rFactor? RaceRoom Racing Experience? I haven't tried any of them yet, but there are definitely some hardcore racing games out there. I think they're all PC-only though.