WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

HipMF

It's the cutest little muffler that you'll ever see. A 7.75"x11" Thrush Turbo. That's smaller than a sheet of paper for those keeping score at home.

Overall, I'd say the exhaust note suits the car really well. It's not super quiet like modern cars, but it's not obnoxious like some rice grinder either. I put a nice band-clamp style connector before the muffler at the back of the car, so if I want to make some noise with it, I can drop the rear muffler in a couple minutes.

I'm still going to be super busy for the next week or so, but after that I'll get some good pictures of everything and post 'em up.

• 2 months later...

Posting this here for continuity purposes: http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index.php?/topic/3895-no-home-no-destination/

Been sluffing off, waiting for a job to come my way here in Madison. Picked up a turbo for a future M42 build (td04hl-16t from a Volvo 850 T-5). Did an autocross at the Road America kart track this past weekend. Had a blast as usual. Even with the M10 I was having trouble putting power down coming out of the corners, but it's definitely gotten worse with the M42. I think I'll be putting the turbo on the back burner in favor of coil-overs, LSD swap, and decent tires. Chassis before power, zee, zee, zee...

Looking for some lightweight, low-ET, 15" wheels that won't look redonkulous on an e21. If anyone comes across any, let me know.

Posting this here for continuity purposes: http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index.php?/topic/3895-no-home-no-destination/

Been sluffing off, waiting for a job to come my way here in Madison. Picked up a turbo for a future M42 build (td04hl-16t from a Volvo 850 T-5). Did an autocross at the Road America kart track this past weekend. Had a blast as usual. Even with the M10 I was having trouble putting power down coming out of the corners, but it's definitely gotten worse with the M42. I think I'll be putting the turbo on the back burner in favor of coil-overs, LSD swap, and decent tires. Chassis before power, zee, zee, zee...

Looking for some lightweight, low-ET, 15" wheels that won't look redonkulous on an e21. If anyone comes across any, let me know.

Not sure if the wheels I have on my e21 right now are light enough for you or even the right style, but they have nice Falken tires on them. Once I get my group 2 kit on, I won't need these anymore if you are interested.

IMG_20131117_104412_279_zpsc6ddbe9f.jpg