WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1991 318is M62B44 Build

CMart

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of my exhaust was just tacked up so I finished as much as I could before running out of argon yesterday. Started the wiring and just picked up some more argon to hopefully finish the full exhaust this weekend.

Bad news is I seem to have a rear main seal leak or a transmission seal leak.

20211775240_b712cf1720_z.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Pulled an all nighter Friday and got the motor harness all hooked up and some more work on the exhaust.

I have most of the wires identified and know where they need to go and think I have the EWS figured out as well.

Probably 10 hours from firing, but still have a lot of driveability stuff to do (finish brakes, clutch line, cooling, etc)

• 2 weeks later...

Since I picked up those 17s, I figured I would post up the ACs on Craigslist. Unfortunately someone bit and they are gone...

Still trying to figure this damn wiring out. I may bite the bullet and pick up a tuned DME that doesn't require EWS, but I would need a new engine harness and knock sensors.

I'm justify it because of the additional HP.  :(

PM'd you. It happened really fast. I'll probably regret it sooner than later.

Anyway... ECU, engine harness, and knock sensors ordered. Should all be here by Wednesday. I am going to finish the exhaust, plumb the brakes and clutch, etc. Basically get it ready for the road so I can take it out next Saturday/Sunday. Hell, I haven't even registered it yet.

Come on guys, I couldn't bear to see them on another car. I almost just scrapped them.

In all seriousness though, I put them on CList for the hell of it for a price I was very happy with. I got damn close to asking and the buyer was happy as well. I don't like using the forums as a way to make money flipping parts.

I always hated the way 17s looked, but I later found out that it was because people put little baby tires on them. I went to 17s, because I bought those rims and tired off Dr. Leadfoot with spacers for $350 I believe it was. Couldn't pass that up. Plus I think they fill in the wheel wells very nicely. (I haven't installed my Koni/H&R race setup yet.

20879141394_f2eb093c04.jpg

Also, motor tear down in preparation for the new DME/Knock Sensors.

21490789392_e47d7eef98.jpg

I don't know either? I just looked again and you are right.

But where I am now I will have all my parts by Friday so this weekend I am pushing hard to fire her up and burn some tires. A little coolant leak won't hurt (didn't appear to be leaking anyway) until I dyno the motor and make sure she is up to snuff.

ECU was sent to the wrong address so I am battling that right now. Also, the engine harness I was sent was not the one I purchased so that is fun. 

Definitely frustrating when I have the motivation, but not the parts. 

Anyone know of any good painters that do work on the side? Looking to get some IS skirts and get a paint job over the winter.