WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WIBIMMERS Oktoberfest/ Autumnal Gathering 3 - Mid October.

rampelsauce

Yeah.  It was so much easier when I lived near Holy Hill.  So many great roads in one area.

We'll be more organized next year.  Depending upon the success of this event, we may look into having it at a track for a track day/party.  I'd like to do something like the BMWCCA for Oktoberfest, but on a much smaller scale and only a one day event. 

Im pretty excited though.  This should be a lot of fun.

The problem is that now the Holy Hill roads are beat to shit, as of the past couple years. Many of them are straight up un-driveable now if you have a lowered car and suspension work. It's unbearable with how much these brutal winters have taken a toll on them. 

I'm getting ahead of myself but I really like the track event thought. We did that with a group of guys for blackhawk this year and had a caravan of 10 people bring their cars to the track. There's a decent amount of prep that goes into it if we want to rent a track, though, specifically for our group. For example we are liable for anyone who spins out and damages tire walls. If we could get 30-40 people, then we could talk to one of the organizers like Jimmy Yu at GPS Tracktime who does a couple of events a year and see if we could partner with him for something. 

I'm spitballing at this point.

Fingers are still crossed that the weather is good on Saturday