WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Wheelie time! Refinishing my Kosei K1's.

rampelsauce

Question

So, I picked up a set of 15" Kosei K1's with some so-so Blizzaks from Mr. Dr. Leadfoot the other day because my E30 desperately needs wheels/tires. They came black plasti-dipped, and I think Im going to go a different direction.. So the process begins of stripping and repainting these wheels for my winter driving pleasure.

So here's how they came in. Dip and everything.
post-2584-0-02036900-1383757488_thumb.jp

I started hosing them off, and the pressure washer was chewing up the plasti-dip pretty nicely.
post-2584-0-99268500-1383762960_thumb.jp

Pretty clean for just water.
post-2584-0-87600000-1383762986_thumb.jp

The comparison shot
post-2584-0-88892100-1383762935_thumb.jp

Time for some Klean Strip Aircraft stripper. More on that at the end of this post.
post-2584-0-13513600-1383763126_thumb.jp

After the paint stripper. Notice how the paint isnt even a little stripped.
post-2584-0-56732000-1383763008_thumb.jp

So I looks like I will be blasting these things down to bare metal so I can put the new finish on them. Anyone have a blast cabinet that will fit 15x7's with aluminum friendly media? Let me know, I will pay for booth time. And before anyone asks, I put on seven heavy coats of stripper and let the wheel sit for 30+ minutes. The paint is still hard as a rock.

post-2584-0-35810400-1383763028_thumb.jp

Also, a funny thing happened to the left over dip that was on the wheels when I applied the stripper. Turns out Aircraft stripper turns plasti-dip into rock hard, almost impossible to remove shit. Who'd a thunk it?

My E30 will do wheelies when I put these light weight racing JDM spec wheels on it.  Plus Snap Understeer is my tuner, so SHOC power will flow from my car like the mighty Mississippi.  My car won't even move or wheelie, it will in fact be the earth shifting due to the immense amount of torque.  Give me hoosiers, and I will cause the earth to shift far enough toward the sun that Wisconsin will have the same climate as Columbia, also the cocaine.

My E30 will do wheelies when I put these light weight racing JDM spec wheels on it.  Plus Snap Understeer is my tuner, so SHOC power will flow from my car like the mighty Mississippi.  My car won't even move or wheelie, it will in fact be the earth shifting due to the immense amount of torque.  Give me hoosiers, and I will cause the earth to shift far enough toward the sun that Wisconsin will have the same climate as Columbia, also the cocaine.

Puts Chuck Norris to shame yo.

thanks obama

Fuck you fag.

Disappointed. Hoping to see video of an e30 doing wheelies. I heard a myth on here a while ago about a local e30 doing wheelies on the street...haha

Truth's aren't myths. Numerous people witnessed it. Dunno why I'd try to lie to impress you guys, hate half of you anyway

So per Early's suggestion, I ordered a wheel bolt kit for my E30.  Hopefully it will be coming by the end of the week and I can get some more done on the wheels.  All the wheels are stripped but one.  It is stubborn as hell.  Damn you Dr. Leadfoot and your dip/paint/dip!  I think Im going to paint these wheels crazy as they are my winter setups.  

So per Early's suggestion, I ordered a wheel bolt kit for my E30.  Hopefully it will be coming by the end of the week and I can get some more done on the wheels.  All the wheels are stripped but one.  It is stubborn as hell.  Damn you Dr. Leadfoot and your dip/paint/dip!  I think Im going to paint these wheels crazy as they are my winter setups.  

You should have scooped up that 5 gallons of Elbow Grease that I had in the garage!  Priced to move quick!!