WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

^Thank you.

LSX motors are probably the most reliable higher horsepower V8 you could drop into any vehicle, and beat on it all day, and it last the punishment. Tony, I'm a BMW lover just as much as TJ, but I'm gunna agree, and say that the LSX is far superior in reliability compared to the 540i's motor.

RHD is cool, as long as you don't like driving. Actually driving a RHD car, sucks mega butthole. The coolfactor is definitely there, but that's it. The usefullnes of RHD in the US sucks. Unless you're a mail deliverer.

I don't really see how it is less usefull. Unless you're a fat ass that uses the drive thru daily.

Otherwise it is exactly the same, besides shifting with your left hand. Unless it is automatic, then it is exactly the same.

Actually driving it sucks. Like on a 2 lane single way road, going to pass a vehicle= difficult, because you can't see past the vehicle as easily. Just general navigation is a task and a half. The entire US is built around LHD vehicles. so throwing in a RHD just makes it a pain. Don't get me wrong. I'd totally do it, because RHD is 10x more baller then LHD. But it's not for everyone. Especially in a LHD based country.

^Thank you.

LSX motors are probably the most reliable higher horsepower V8 you could drop into any vehicle, and beat on it all day, and it last the punishment. Tony, I'm a BMW lover just as much as TJ, but I'm gunna agree, and say that the LSX is far superior in reliability compared to the 540i's motor.

well from his GTO getting to 60xxx miles and having 4 cylinders misfiring compared to the bro's 540i having 140xxx miles and having no problems...(obviously thats just those two specific cars...but still.) every BMW motor is a tank. 

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3728878638.html

Going to take a look at it this week. I assume it is garbage but you never know.

I was going to go and buy this but I forgot what the owner mentioned that needed to be fix and has some problems. Be careful when you buy a NA car that's been turboed check for boost leaks and ASK ASK ASK FOR MAINTENANCE and receipts of parts.