WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

• 2 weeks later...

My brother and I check this out yesterday morning. I wasn't just side swiped, it was rear ended which of course isn't pictured. Defiantly signs of frame damage in the rear as the trunk is out of alignment and the rear window sits funny. Otherwise the interior could clean up well and it has a good running M50. Someone could probably talked her way down on price and part this thing out.

Side note: the car is not parked at the owners house. Is the Nanny's car of the contact for the ad and they are trying to help her get rid of the car.

Guest 92e36

My brother and I check this out yesterday morning. I wasn't just side swiped, it was rear ended which of course isn't pictured.

Defiantly signs of frame damage in the rear as the trunk is out of alignment and the rear window sits funny. Otherwise the interior could clean up well and it has a good running M50. Someone could probably talked her way down on price and part this thing out.

Side note: the car is not parked at the owners house. Is the Nanny's car of the contact for the ad and they are trying to help her get rid of the car.

I looked at the post of that craigslist ad why in the world would they even mention the KBB value of fair condition its not even close to "fair" condition I wouldn't pay more then 300 bucks for that thing!

Seems like a lot of work for 40hp (540 is a beast already).  exhaust and a chip could have come pretty close.

right!? my buddy has the 5.7L GTO and i've driven that compared to my brothers 2000 540i...they're extremely close in power. ..so why would anyone put in a less reliable engine for that tiny bit of (barely noticeable) power?

ruined.