WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

When I bought my shift linkage from UUC, I came across the company history and had a laugh:

http://www.nexternal.com/uuc/articles/UUC_history.htm

"What is UUC Motorwerks? UUC is the acronym for Underground Upgrade Club.

For those automotive enthusiasts who have "significant others" (wives, husbands, etc.) who do not understand the desire and need to enhance the performance of a vehicle, welcome to the club.

If you ever get these kinds of questions: "Why do you need new wheels when the old ones are fine? Why do you need new suspension if the current ones aren't worn out? Isn't your current car fast enough?" - we empathize with you. You might just have to hide a few things from the Missus or your Old Man. You know the drill...no credit card or check purchases... sneaking cash to buy upgrades to feed your automotive addiction. For your convenience, UUC Motorwerks accepts cash and we ship discretely. We can even ship to your employer!..."

When I bought my shift linkage from UUC, I came across the company history and had a laugh:

http://www.nexternal.com/uuc/articles/UUC_history.htm

"What is UUC Motorwerks? UUC is the acronym for Underground Upgrade Club.

For those automotive enthusiasts who have "significant others" (wives, husbands, etc.) who do not understand the desire and need to enhance the performance of a vehicle, welcome to the club.

If you ever get these kinds of questions: "Why do you need new wheels when the old ones are fine? Why do you need new suspension if the current ones aren't worn out? Isn't your current car fast enough?" - we empathize with you. You might just have to hide a few things from the Missus or your Old Man. You know the drill...no credit card or check purchases... sneaking cash to buy upgrades to feed your automotive addiction. For your convenience, UUC Motorwerks accepts cash and we ship discretely. We can even ship to your employer!..."

Haha, that is awesome. Talk about being a car guy's best friend!

that DBR1 replica is sweet! Those little ones would be insane though too!

You can pick up a cheap, run down miata for under $2k nowadays. Sell the hood, trunk, bumpers, doors, and all the interior parts you dont need, and you could probably get around $1k for it. So you could conceivably get everything you need to build one of those open air ones for under $7500.

Add an intake, cams, exhaust, tune, and maybe some port/polish work done and you could get 150whp in a 2000lb, RWD car.. They dont look all that horrendous either IMO

Or if you're insane, you could piece together a turbo and easily hit 250whp, which would be insane.