WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 M50 tear down kinda thing

StewCrew

These guys:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Engine-Earth-Ground-Plate-1738669/dp/B009KT2OT2

Theres 3 if I remember right, and they go between the coil packs.

Edit: Reading more into it, Im not even entirely sure if I need them.  Pelican Doesnt mention them in their article; only the two ground straps.

there is 2 of them. they hold coil pack wires in the rectangle hole. you dont entirely need them but it helps with grounding a little. and i have some if you want them.

there is 2 of them. they hold coil pack wires in the rectangle hole. you dont entirely need them but it helps with grounding a little. and i have some if you want them.

Yeah, after reading more into it I guess theyre not really ground plates at all.  My motor only had 1 ground strap on it, and m50's are supposed to have 2 I guess.  This might explain the random stutter problem that I sometimes had?

Also, where Im at.

7AE35818-9FE5-4806-9502-2FBDA7CEBC30-662

When can I get you your europlates and meet you and your sexy car in person?  ;)

Hahaha, well seeing as the motor is now timed, Ill be at the shop working on it through out the weekend!  Im off tomorrow around 4 and also off on weekends.  The shop is just right in Waukesha off 164.  Im gonna be honest with you though, its not as appealing in person xD

Yeah, after reading more into it I guess theyre not really ground plates at all.  My motor only had 1 ground strap on it, and m50's are supposed to have 2 I guess.  This might explain the random stutter problem that I sometimes had?

it could be a part of it jo to napa and get another ground strap. there should be one in the middle on cylinder 3 and at the end on cylinder 6.

When can I get you your europlates and meet you and your sexy car in person?  ;)

would also like to see sexy car but i dont have plates for you.

it could be a part of it jo to napa and get another ground strap. there should be one in the middle on cylinder 3 and at the end on cylinder 6.

would also like to see sexy car but i dont have plates for you.

I'll do that tomorrow.  I have the one strap I have on cylinder 3 right now.

I'll have to make a point to stop out this weekend and give you a hand!

Hell yeah!  You guys should all swing by, that'd be awesome.

Judging by the weather, I'll have to swing out in my lame touring :(

-_______-  dont even start

I also need to go to napa to get a longer stud for the passenger side motor mount.  Apparently the "m50 into e30" stud on the mount isnt long enough.  Must be the kind of mount arm I have.

B8D16388-9599-4C02-821C-6D819768BDCB-662

Yay, it's coming along well. Leaving my work last night, I decided to get a little sideways happy in the E28. :3 It's a love hate with this diff. Bad gas mileage, or awesome drifting when I feel the urge.

Hahahah yeah, you kinda gotta choose one or the other.  Good gas mileage and no drifting, or bad mileage with the ability to kick out the rear end at any given time 0.o

Fixed

Dont forget about the slingshot either...

I'm going to Waukesha this weekend to grab those motor mounts hopefully. You still have that hydro? I'm running new brake lines right now so that would be killer to do at the same time. Oh. And fuel cell? Maybe?

Unfortunately I sold the hydro already, sorry bud.  But you can check out the fuel cell if you want.  I guess its first come first serve?  I dont really have a use for it.

SHOP PARTY!  

You bet your ass you're invited too!