WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 M50 tear down kinda thing

StewCrew

Also pointing out that I pretty much went full retard yesterday.  The reason the motor mount stud wasnt long enough was because the mount arm was upside down.  I forgot the motor sits so tilted and that the mount should be close to the headers.  Whoops

ha it happens after working on them for a while

Saturday morning the motor looked like this

EE45561F-EBA6-4490-AAF6-963AC5FE507F-130

Spent a total of 12 hours yesterday with a lot of help from Jeff, Earl, John, and a couple of the Lower Standards guys, the motor is in! The harness is on and once I get some new clamps for the fuel lines and put the drive belt on, it should be ready to start!

47B9B140-CBFB-4602-BBE3-DBB79E1DB9D7-130

Question- how should I effectively take my radiator core support off? Hack it off? Mine is kind of bent, so I at least have to build the bottom part custom. Hopefully my front end comes together and lines up...

I cut the middle section out first, leaving only the 4 corners. Then from there it's just drilling out tack welds. My lower part was so rusted that I couldn't even find the tack welds, so I just used an impact chisel on the seams. The tops where the fenders sit on was easy, but the lower parts were kind of a pain. I pretty much hacked the bottom ones off. Because drift car.

When you pick up those motor mount arms you're welcome to swing by and check it out.